Weighing in-Do you do this?

Options
AngelikaLumiere
AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
I weigh everyday on my Wii Fit. I have found out that if I am within a certain amount I can exercise for five minutes and turn a "gain" :frown: into a "loss" :happy: for the day. And of course I find being able to record a loss for the day is so much more encouraging so I use this little trick about twice a week. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Seems like cheating to me xD

Its not very accurate if you do that. I like to keep things consistent.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No. I weigh myself once a week and try not to get too hung up on the numbers.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday just because I cant seem to stop myself but I only record the gain/loss on Fridays.
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    I just started weighing on the Wii board...it had me up 2lbs and then I moved it on the floor where I weighed Friday and it was back to normal...not the same I know but maybe floor placement makes a difference! :)
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No, I do not do this. Weight fluctuates through out the day too much and that would drive me crazy. I do weigh myself several times a week but only record my weigh in once a week.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log losses as they come. That gives me markers for a new weight loss reached and keeps me in line.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't because I'm not too worried about day to day changes... I'm focused on a long term patter of loss. So if I'm 1lb heavier today than I was yesterday, I don't care as long as I'm still 3 or 4 or 5lbs lighter than I was last month.

Weight fluctuates for 100 reasons, it's part of the gig, so look at long term trends, not short term changes.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Seems like cheating to me xD

Its not very accurate if you do that. I like to keep things consistent.

how is this cheating any more than working out to offset going over on calories?? if it's helping motivation, great! it's not like you can "cheat" your way to goal.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i weigh in once a week
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday on a hospital scale in my office building gym. Then, I don't think about it
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I tend to weight myself every morning...but I only track it here when there is a loss.

It's very easy to gain 5-7lbs during your period, or after a day of really high sodium -- so I don't track gains.
    If I did that, I'd gain and lose weight almost every day :)
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's cheating at all--particularly since your long term trend is toward significant weight loss.
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i weigh first thing in the morning before i do anything else but only track it if there is a loss. i tend to gain a pound or so over the weekend when it seems the lack of a timed schedule keeps me off track for my eating right. I usually lose it and then some throughout the week though, so i dont stress to much about it.
  • jtkemeyer
    Options
    I weigh in every morning at the same time on the same scale. This keeps me on track and also helps me recognize those patterns that previous posters spoke of. How else will you know how much weight you gain with PMS or after a particularly high sodium day? If you're tracking all of your food AND weighing in every day, the patterns become obvious. If you're on a downward trend, whatever you're doing works for you... SO... keep up the great work!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I don't have a wii, but if I did, I would do the same. Anything that boosts my spirits and spurs me on is fair game.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    As long as my clothes keep getting looser i don't care what the scale says =D
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    I weigh everyday.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Yes, I do the same thing. We shall be evil cheaters together! :devil: