My sister bought me FUDGE!

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the idea of just throwing it away. I would be very sad if I couldn't have a treat now and then. I don't see why it is a bad thing for someone to give you a tasty gift.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    We have fudge in the house that was a gift from my partner's mom. And we've had it forever because it went straight to the freezer. It's cut up in tiny squares, 90-calories each. If I want something sweet, I grab a square. Satisfies the sweet craving and doesn't do horrific damage.

Cut the fudge into 1 cubic inch pieces. That's about 90-calories. Freeze it. Eat it slowly. Resist.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Elizebeth it's not so much about not being able to have a little treat, but having an unexpected treat that you'll struggle to control!

I think freezing might be a better idea than trying to hide it in the cuboard!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Oh man, Fudge. You just made me realize my own dilemma I've got coming up. Every year for Christmas I make a bunch of Fudge and hand it out as gifts (a family recipe passed down from my grandfather who worked at Ambrosia Chocolate). The problem is the art of making it of course includes tasting your results and having some in the house. I'm so weak when it comes to that fudge I have no clue how I'm going to resist.

I'll at least promise not to send any to you :) Maybe I should see if I can find a low calorie way to make it.

No. No. No. NO. Do not try to low cal out a family recipe of fudge! The sweet six pound eight ounce baby Jesus is crying over the thought! I too have a family recipe that everyone loves to receive over the holidays... I don't know how I'm going to survive it this year either, but I would never flavour-rape my tongue with a low-cal version of my great grandmother's fudge.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No. No. No. NO. Do not try to low cal out a family recipe of fudge! The sweet six pound eight ounce baby Jesus is crying over the thought! I too have a family recipe that everyone loves to receive over the holidays... I don't know how I'm going to survive it this year either, but I would never flavour-rape my tongue with a low-cal version of my great grandmother's fudge.

HA! HA! Did I mention HA! I bearly just fell out of my desk chair that was so funny!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Pack and give it to the neighbors.

love thy neighbor.

OP, i will say that it took me about 7 times reading to realize that your sister did, in fact, NOT give you meth with your fudge. i thought for a moment that it was strangely supportive and very disturbing that she would give you meth with your fudge.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Oh man, Fudge. You just made me realize my own dilemma I've got coming up. Every year for Christmas I make a bunch of Fudge and hand it out as gifts (a family recipe passed down from my grandfather who worked at Ambrosia Chocolate). The problem is the art of making it of course includes tasting your results and having some in the house. I'm so weak when it comes to that fudge I have no clue how I'm going to resist.

I'll at least promise not to send any to you :) Maybe I should see if I can find a low calorie way to make it.

LMAO this gets my vote for post of the week just for the use of the term "flavour rape".

I know how you feel and honestly unless it tasted exactly the same there's no way I would do it. So if I were to try, I'm not real confident of the results. That said, my grandfather did teach me a lot about the science behind chocolate and how to produce certain characteristics so if anyone would be successful with it, I'm probably a good candidate.

That said, I'll probably just start by calculating what the calories and such in a 1" cube really are. From there, we'll see how strong my will power really is :)
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Have one piece every day. It won't ruin your day and it will last longer!

I agree!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I had to throw out half a chocolate birthday cake that I made the other day. Yes it's a waste of food but get it out of the house. If your in a dilemma over it you're better off getting rid of all temptation!!