toning

Toning is not fun..my stomach hurts so bad from doing crunches. It feels like I've had a C Section all over again and that was 2 years ago. My arms feel like jello..I would much rather exercise on my eliptical. Feeling a little bit defeated :(

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    But being sore is what is so fun about it!
    I love the feeling!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    If I'm not sore, I feel like I haven't worked myself hard enough. If you feel like you need to rest, take a day.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    You're body will get used to it and the pain won't be so intense. For now stretch it and wait a couple days between working the same muscle group if it's a heavy workout focused on that muscle group.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    crunches are not going to help you much. try squats, dead lifts, and planks to strengthen your core....noting that you won't see the results of all of this toning work until you have burned the fat that is covering your muscles.
  • Minimomma24
    Minimomma24 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm finally at the weight I wanna be at so that is why I'm toning. I thought once the weight came off my body would look the way it did before I had my daughter. Unfortunately that isn't so that's why I'm doing the toning.
  • rissared
    rissared Posts: 9 Member
    Feeling sore is hurting in a good way, its a much better feeling than jiggly!!