ugh...

Options
ughhhh..
today, I put on my work out clothes, and I just look at my stairs, my ball and my weights and thought, "really?? reeeeaaallly?? do I really want to do this today? you know you should...is it really even going to work??"
I just feel like i am in a rut, and I dont even know if this is going to work..my problem is I want it RIGHT NOW. I dont want to wait 6 weeks..even though its been 2 weeks.
I know im rambeling ( and procrastinating) I just want to know if anyone else deals with this, and what do they do to get your butt in gear and spirits up??

Replies

• mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    ughhhh..
    today, I put on my work out clothes, and I just look at my stairs, my ball and my weights and thought, "really?? reeeeaaallly?? do I really want to do this today? you know you should...is it really even going to work??"
    I just feel like i am in a rut, and I dont even know if this is going to work..my problem is I want it RIGHT NOW. I dont want to wait 6 weeks..even though its been 2 weeks.
    I know im rambeling ( and procrastinating) I just want to know if anyone else deals with this, and what do they do to get your butt in gear and spirits up??
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    ughhhh..

It gets easier, believe me I had those days, and still do, but once I get going, it's easy. I also do not work out at home just because if I'm at home it's too easy to give in and go upstairs and be like okay 10 min of treadmill is enough:laugh: Keep up the good work! Be the little engine that could, I think I can I think I can, I KNOW I CAN!!!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Wow, I had that same feeling this morning.

it's just a feeling though. You'll get past it.

I try to remember this quote I saw from a trainer who was talking about how hard it is for even him to get out of bed in the morning to run. He said, "I will do what I need to do in order to do what I want to do." I have that posted by my bed to remember that this process is just there so I can live my life the way I want to.

And sometimes you lose the battle. But it's ok...you'll win the war!
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Yesterday I was so tired and draggin butt all day. Then when it came time to put on my tennis shoes and go outside to walk I thought to myself "what's the point"?:ohwell: But I put them on and forced myself to open the door and take that step outside. Once I warmed up and really got into it I felt the burst of energy I needed. I actually felt better and more energized when I was done. Just put on your shoes and do it! You'll feel better once you do :bigsmile:
  • craigc155
    Options
    Think how good you feel after you have FINISHED your workout....and how bad you'll feel if you DON'T do your workout. That is usually what motivates me. It's also good to add variety to your workout - don't always do the same thing. You can do it!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    It's okay, Mamashrub! :flowerforyou: We all have those days. As a matter of fact, I had that same feeling last WEEK. I had a sinus infection, and working out was the last thing I wanted to do. And, guess what? I didn't move. I ended up gaining a pound! :grumble: But, it was my fault because I didn't get any exercise. So, just don't let that rut from today last all week like I did! Go ahead and work your body and show it that you love it! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Get your lazy butt movin'!jk:laugh: I actually rely on this site some days and the guilt of not moving to head down my stairs. Try something new today, mix things up, your muscles need confusion to grow! I have a motivator ticker on my homepage. I am saving $ for Mexico one day. $5/day for eating well. Do something like that to reward your exercising!:wink:
  • amhughes2312
    Options
    I feel that way everyday!!! I usually don't even get to two weeks, so congrats!!!!!!! I hate working out, but I find once I start it is much better - not easier, but I feel better. Hang in there and so will I.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Those days peter out after a couple weeks. I feel great after a workout now. I still snooze the alarm once in a while, but I love my workouts now. You'll get there. Put on some good music and go to work.

P.S. I drank coffee before my workouts for the first week to give myself that forced motivation. Now I don't drink it at all and I don't miss it.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I have this feeling A LOT!!! Then I think of what happened when Bob exploded on Joelle for being lazy and giving in/up (The biggest loser).

I think, I don't want want Bob to yell at me for being lazy and I don't want people to look at me like I'm being a lazy piece of crap like Joelle!! (Not that anyone would) So I use Joelle as inspiration to get off my @ss!! :laugh:

And everyone else is right. Once you get going you always feel better that you did!! :heart:
  • mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    gasp!!! BLASPHAMY!!!
    I love love LOOOOVE coffee, and I drink it everyday regardless..I could never ever give it up. but every girl needs a vice....and chocolate goes right to the hips soooo:drinker:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Get your lazy butt movin'!jk:laugh: I actually rely on this site some days and the guilt of not moving to head down my stairs. Try something new today, mix things up, your muscles need confusion to grow! I have a motivator ticker on my homepage. I am saving $ for Mexico one day. $5/day for eating well. Do something like that to reward your exercising!:wink:

What a great idea!! Reward yourself with saving money!!!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I never liked the taste of coffee....so I put way too much cream and sugar in it...defeating the purpose. I was very addicted to the starbucks frapps!!
    but of course chocolate will always be my first love.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Those days peter out after a couple weeks. I feel great after a workout now. I still snooze the alarm once in a while, but I love my workouts now. You'll get there. Put on some good music and go to work.

P.S. I drank coffee before my workouts for the first week to give myself that forced motivation. Now I don't drink it at all and I don't miss it.

OT: Hey TRLTAMPA - I love your new picture! What a GREAT smile! :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    O Goodness.....
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    :heart:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have those mornings regularly but I don't have any choice

my husband and I work out at the gym together and he was in the Marine Corps for 10 years

no mercy at all
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    that would be a great motivator....sometimes.
    blessing and a curse i guess.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say it's a good thing. He makes sure I go at least 5 times a week.

And I make sure he eats better

It works both ways
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way this morning!!:grumble: It is foggy, cold, and rainy where I am at and I didn't want to get up. Of course if i don't, the kids don't get to school. I MADE myself get up, walked the kids to school and continued on to do my daily walk. And yes, it was still cold, rainy, and very foggy.

All of this only to ruin it all with a mac and cheese lunch!! Now I will be over my calories anyway so I have to figure out a way to add an extra work out today so I could eat dinner. All I really want to do is go home, crawl into bed and go to sleep. UGH!!!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I just to just do it, automatically, without thinking, and then I won't have time to talk myself out of it! :laugh:

Like someone else said, at first it was a chore but I just made myself go to the gym every day after work (as much as I possibly could fit it in... I allowed myself no excuses.) I told myself I had to be disliplined, and pretended I was in the Army or training for the olympics. I'm weird like that.

But after it became a habit, the "chore" aspect went away. Now I truly love working out and if I don't get to, I feel more stressed. You have to do it consistently for awhile until your body and mind start to realize the long-term benefits of exercise (and eating heathfully... which I'm not as consistent about yet, unfortunately), and then it will become second nature and you will think, "how could I have ever not craved working out?" At least that's what happened to me.

Another thing I tell myself when I'm feeling tired/ lazy is that "nothing good comes easily." You have to be discliplined and work hard to get the results you want.

Best wishes!