Biggest Loser Full Throttle (CLOSED)

Options
Here we go. This'll make thing easier. Let's get sorted!

Replies

• dragonflybird
    Options
    Excellent! I'm very excited to be starting this. Thank you for setting up this thread.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    =]
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I have everyone's starting weight which I will message over later. I did private messaging because I wasn't sure how people felt about sharing on a post.

I will keep everyone up to date with lbs lost and calorie totals as I get them. If you want to post here then that's great too.

I'm keeping a weekly running total of my calories burned but I'll post them daily too.

My scales seem to be stuck at the moment but I promise I will burn as much as I can.

I am a Zumba instructor and have two classes a week. I teach zumbatomic to children in my school (I'm a teacher) and I go to Les Mills Body Attack, Body Combat and (my favourite) Body Step.

If you want to share that's brilliant. If not, no worries.

Good luck all and I hope to hear big numbers!
  • ingot81
    Options
    My calories so far:

Monday
    585 (Body Step)
    423 (Zumba)

Tuesday
    687 (Teaching Zumba)
  • ingot81
    Options
    I've just looked and I am four hours ahead of EST so 11pm Sunday will be 3am Sunday for me.

How does everyone feel a about a Sunday cut-off of 6pm EST (10pm my time)?
  • galaxyhearts
    Options
    6 pm EST is great for me - I will likely just include exercise on Sunday night on the next weeks totals, because I tend to work out late at night =]

Also .... I will be trying to burn more than I have in the past but I don't know where to get a Zumba class around here, so I never burn as many as you :(

I will try really hard though!!
  • ingot81
    Options
    6 pm EST is great for me - I will likely just include exercise on Sunday night on the next weeks totals, because I tend to work out late at night =]

Also .... I will be trying to burn more than I have in the past but I don't know where to get a Zumba class around here, so I never burn as many as you :(

I will try really hard though!!

I only burn more Zumba calories when I teach. They are considerably lower when I attend classes.

I swear by my HRM too. I wear it to every class. As long as we pull together we'll stay in. I can help out on the calorie burning front but will fail dreadfully on the lbs lost portion of the challenge.

Today:
    Spin 508
    Body Combat 616
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    Ugh, I hope I am not going to let this group down. I didn't exercise at all today!!! A migraine hit me hard.
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will post my calories burned when I get home today, so exciting ladies :)
  • ingot81
    Options
    Teaching two Zumba classes - 1131.

Mad, busy day today. I'm ready for bed!
  • ingot81
    Options
    Hello all. Hope you are all well and you're settling in with the challenge. I've seen some big numbers burned this week on your status' and I hope to hear good things about your weight loss.

Just a reminder, numbers need to be in today. Please can you make sure you get your calories burned and this week's weight to me before 6pm EST/10pm UK time. You can private message me if you don't want to share details here and I will get back to you with our total lost and total calories.

Remember, if you exercise after 6pm EST then I think it's only fair to add it to the Monday total. A burn is a burn as far as I'm concerned!

Good luck
  • ingot81
    Options
    Here is the signature picture I created if you would like to add it:

Biggestloserfullthrottle.jpg

Remember to change the IMG at the beginning and end to img.
  • ingot81
    Options
    Ok Ladies. Our amazing results are as follows. Drum roll please . . .

Calories burned this week = 17819
    Lbs lost this week = 9.3

I am so impressed! Well done to all and I hope we smash it again next week!
  • ingot81
    Options
    How are we doing this week? Seems a few teams haven't turned numbers in so no news yet I'll let you know when I hear.

I was gutted yesterday. My Zumba instructor got stuck in traffic so I didn't manage my usual two classes but a friend has asked me to do Body Combat with her after I teach my Zumba so I'll burn far bigger numbers tonight.

Is anyone else obsessed with exercise? I think my food addiction has been replaced!
  • galaxyhearts
    Options
    I wish I was obsessed with Exercise! But most of the time I'm just clueless about what to do. =/

I usually go to the gym and do a little cardio and weights, or maybe 30 day shred DVD.

I wish I was less clueless hahaha
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    it has been a great week so far!!!

@galaxyhearts, what has been detrimental for me is classes @ the gym...if you do a different one every day, you will work all muscle groups...some of the ones they have here are (body combat, spinning-exercise bikes, boxing, muscle pump-its all weights) etc and you are accountable and will push yourself to finish because there is a room full of people feeling the same burn and pain :)
  • ingot81
    Options
    I find it difficult to keep motivated in the gym so I do classes. Les Mills Body Combat, Body Step and Body Attack are high intensity and I break it up with spin and Zumba for a bit of variety. I have fab instructors who I've got to know and will push me harder (which helps loads).

Glad to hear this week is going well. Keep it up!
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    This week has been okay so far. I'm in the gym with my trainer a little more this week which actually decreases my calorie burn. I will try to bring my calorie burn back up with my running program though. :) On a really bad note, I ate a cheeseburger meal yesterday. I feel so guilty, but I haven't taken a cheat meal in a long time, so I'm considering it my cheat meal.
  • ingot81
    Options
    This week has been okay so far. I'm in the gym with my trainer a little more this week which actually decreases my calorie burn. I will try to bring my calorie burn back up with my running program though. :) On a really bad note, I ate a cheeseburger meal yesterday. I feel so guilty, but I haven't taken a cheat meal in a long time, so I'm considering it my cheat meal.

I think we all have to be "normal" now and again. The amount of hard work you put in, you deserve the odd treat. Try not to feel guilty - you've probably burned 3 cheese burger meals this week. I hope you enjoyed it.
  • ingot81
    Options
    I have found this challenge which helps me keep my calories burned at a high level:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381119-burn-5-000-calories-wk-in-november-o

Just thought I'd share.