This is really disappointing so far.

Options
Total lost is 45 pounds and I have yet to see any real difference. I don't even really feel different.

How is this possible D: this is going to take a long time.....

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I don't think it would be possible for anyone to lose 45 pounds and not feel or see a difference. Do your clothes fit differently? What was your starting weight?
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged. You're doing great and 45 lbs is a major accomplishment!
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    One day at a time - just like you say. Know that you're doing something good for yourself. If you have a lot of weight to lose, it may take longer to notice, but it will happen. Keep it up!! Good luck.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    I'll bet you HAVE lost inches, and I'll bet you look much better. Tell those voices in your head to SHUT UP!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal? I have lost 22 so far and see big changes and feel better . . .
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's a great number though! Don't give up, you can do this, and sooner than you think you and everyone else you know will see a difference. Much love! ~EliNa
  • levhopkins
    Options
    45 pounds is such a great feat, though! You should definitely feel pride in doing that! Amazing. I'm sorry you don't feel like you want to. It seems like you know the way to success - 45 pounds is a bunch! - so you know how to meet your goals. Good luck in your journey. :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Ask the most honest person you know if he/she has noticed any changes. My money is on them noticing something different about your appearance.

As for you not feeling any different. The next time you go to the store get a 40# bag of Morton Pellet Salt and carry it around with you while you do your shopping. Put it back when you're done - then see if you feel any different. Bet you do.
  • Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome weight loss so far. Well done! But you should have notices a difference by now. That must be atleast 3 dress sizes! Don't be discouraged though, its all worth it.
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    For every pound you lose you lose 4 lbs of pressure in your knees. That is what my A and P teacher told me. so that''s a lot of pressure of your knees.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi are you sure you have lost 45lb and not 4.5 lb??? I mean over 3 stone, that is a lot, I have lost 8lb and I can see a difference.. Also people have told me I look different... xxxxxxxxxx

Take a picture of yourself, that works, you dont have to show anyone, but when you look back on it you will see a difference...

You clothes must feel different???

Dont be disappointed... xx Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to this, it took me a long time to see changes in my body. Keep going and Keep your spirits up. It's hard to see but each day you are healthier! Each day your body is a little happier!

it took me losing 20% of my body weight before i really saw and felt a difference. I have lost 75lbs and still have 75 to go. But I am in it to win it.

Losing 45 is such a great accomplishment and keep going. Because you are going to feel like a rockstar!
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend that you measure because the tape won't lie. When I hadn't lost much, the smaller measurements were a reassurance to me. Plus you are healthier and that is extremely important. Hang in there.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Take a look at a 10 pound bag of potatoes. Now look at 4. Stack them all up together. Take a pic. Yeah - the people at the store will wonder about your sanity... so what??

Put that picture somewhere so you can see it daily... like on your bathroom mirror. You used to carry all those bags of potatoes around EVERY DAY.

And when ya lose 5 more pounds... add another bag of taters! You can also take a pic of you now... or locate a pic of you when you were 40 pounds heavier. I did not think there was much of a difference for me either until I saw a picture of myself taken recently.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    45 pounds is AMAZING! Whether or not you yourself notice it, your body sure does! You're on your way to a healthier you, and that's all that matters! Well done, and keep up the fantastic work :D
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    As for you not feeling any different. The next time you go to the store get a 40# bag of Morton Pellet Salt and carry it around with you while you do your shopping. Put it back when you're done - then see if you feel any different. Bet you do.

Love this! And rather than asking the most honest person, ask someone who hasn't seen you since you lost weight. That person will notice the difference.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! 45 LBS!!! That's amazing!!

I know when you have a lot to lose, 45 feels like a drop in the bucket. My husband felt that way until he passed the 50 lb mark. Now he's lost 100 and he finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if he has another 100 or more to go.

You need to set up little rewards for yourself for every 5-10 (or whatever you think) lb loss. Without instant gratification of some kind it's hard to stay motivated. Little things like going to the movies or getting your nails done or getting a new recipe book or whatever makes you happy in the moment and reminds you of your hard work. And BIG rewards for bigger losses. You deserve it!!

And every day tell yourself you're not fat. You choose to be healthy and fit. It's true because you've come this far! :happy:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I've lost 60 pounds so far and I still don't feel different. I know my clothes are bigger and all that, but I don't feel I look any different.

You have to remember that you see yourself every day. A gradual change may not be as noticeable to you.
  • ibtxn20582
    ibtxn20582 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forty-five pounds is nine five pound bags of flour. If you don't think not carrying around 45 pounds is not making a huge difference in your overall health, go out and buy 9 five pound bags of flour and haul them around for an hour. I have lost 50 pounds over the past 10 years. I did it slowly and there are days when I feel like I am just as fat as I was 50 pounds ago. That flour trick brings me back to reality pretty quickly. Also, my health stats are a whole lot better. I bet your heart is noticing a difference. It is not having to work as hard. Don't get discouraged and remember, even if you don't lose another pound as along as your don't gain one pound back you are a winner. :smile:
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I understand you, it took me a good while to really feel or see any difference, and even though I've come a long way, there is still much further to go. It really is one day at a time, so every time you feel like giving up, you just have to remember that if you do, the journey will be even longer when you start again. Feel free to add me if you want a friend who is in it for the long haul :)