Does anyone else have this problem when they eat breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The powder for protein shakes looks expensive when you see the container, but it's usually much cheaper than breakfast cereal per serving. If you do the math you'll see.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi oatmeal (9 grams protein) and add 1 TBS ground flax seeds to it.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    You are getting some really good advice here but I want to add that sleeping is the best way to lose weight. I'm serious. Go to bed early instead of snacking in front of the TV and if you have the luxury, sleep in past breakfast. I do better on weekends with my calories and exercise with plenty of sleep and a stomach that is less full!!

Good luck!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The reason behind the myth that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is that quite often, people who skip breakfast then become over-hungry and start craving high-sugar, starchy foods which leads to over-eating and thus the cycle begins.

However, if breakfast's not your bag... and it would seem that for the OP it's probably not... then skipping breakfast is ok, as long as you eat within your calories.

Having protein with every meal will certainly keep you feeling fuller for longer. I tend to have cottage cheese and either smoked salmon or lean ham on crisp-breads for breakfast, unless I need/want a light breakfast when I have cereal (but not very often).

You have to find what suits you best... everyone has their own likes and dislikes and it's better to stay true to what you find tasty and satisfying rather than eating food you believe you ought to be eating because you perceive them to be beneficial to your health and well-being. The secret is eating in moderation and enjoying what you eat.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I would just add some more protein to your breakfast, that's supposed to help keep you fuller. A couple grams of fiber by itself won't really keep you full for very long. And also if you have a small morning snack 2 - 3 hours later you won't be as hungry through out the day.