scale after working out?

Options
Does anyone else weigh a pound or two more RIGHT after working out? i weighed myself at the gym today- but forgot to right when i got there and did it after an hour of working out- 40 on the elliptical and 20 weight lifting. and the number went up! any ideas???

Replies

• cmmoreland
    Options
    Does anyone else weigh a pound or two more RIGHT after working out? i weighed myself at the gym today- but forgot to right when i got there and did it after an hour of working out- 40 on the elliptical and 20 weight lifting. and the number went up! any ideas???
  • ahoskins
    Options
    after working out your muscles are a lil swollen. i use to have a trainer and that is what he told me. that is why it is only a pound or two difference and not higher. So dont fret it is normal.
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Totally normal! You don't burn the fat at that very moment anyway. It usually takes a while for it work its way through your system. I think the only time to get an accurate weight is in AM after you wake up and pee.
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    I agree with the above replies. Also, I tend to drink ALOT of water during work out which adds to the weight of course :smile:
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same things as the other ladies. I know your muscles are really pumping extra hard which can add a little weight, not to mention if your sweating a lot and drinking water (I can easily go through a big bottle of water while wroking out) your body is holding on to all that excess water to replenish itself from your workout which can easily add 1-2lbs more. I agree with the woman who said that the only time you really get an accurate reading is the morning after you go potty.