Green Smoothie adventures! Or mis-adventures.

Options
2»

Replies

• shaycg21
    Options
    http://www.fitfabulousforever.com/green-smoothies-for-the-no-sugar-challenge

I found this link yesterday.

Funny someone should mention the purslane b/c I saw them eating it on Dr. Oz one day this week. We own a green house and have a ton of this. I am going to try some and let you know!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    bump - ideas for later
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I prefer smoothies to juice, but that's really because a) juice doesn't fill me up and I'd rather spend the calories on something that satisfies, b) I like the texture and c) I feel like juicing takes a LOT of produce for a little bit of juice.

For higher calorie, I like half an avocado, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a scoop or two of vanilla rice/pea protein, baby spinach, and lots and lots of ice.

Lower calorie, I have two: pureed pumpkin, unsweetened almond milk, a scoop or two of vanilla rice/pea protein, ice, and cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger, or a scoop or two of rice/pea protein, ice, unsweetened almond milk and chilled coffee.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    THIS Is definitely something I need to pick up doing again - I love smoothies! Admittedly I've never had a green smoothie myself but plan to start!
  • marymac2
    Options
    My daily green smoothie is 50gr kale, 25 gr spinach (or carrot tops), one broccolini, 100gr strawberries, a cup of frozen mango slices and 2 glasses of water. I use my Vitamix and it makes it very smooth. Measurements are not really important, it's just a habit I've got into.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump