Resting Heart Rate Chart

Options
Ange_
Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
Yesterday i thought i'd measure my resting heart rate. The night before i put my HRM chest strap and watch before i went to sleep and when woke up without moving too much i put them on and, lay down relaxed and looked at my heart rate.

Mine was 60 beats/min
which according to the chart below:

http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/test/resting-heart-rate.htm

which for my age puts me in the excellent category. Ok i really don't feel that fit yet, but at least i think that is a good sign, my heart is working properly and is healthy.
Apparently the fitter you are the lower your resting heart rate is.

Anyone with a HRM may benefit from trying this and tracking fitness progress..

Just thought i'd share!

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Mine 100 :( This is all wrong though and I have a cariologist. It does help slightly with weight loss though.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    According to the chart, I have a resting HR of an Athlete. 56. Pretty frickin awesome! Since I've been training I can get my HR up to 85-90% of my max, but then in about 30 seconds it's back down to a normal rate. The trainer says thats good! Hopefully I have a good ticker!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Mine regularly shows around 80! I'm reasonably fit, and apparently just have a high rate - it does burn alot of calories though :wink:
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    According to the chart, I have a resting HR of an Athlete. 56. Pretty frickin awesome! Since I've been training I can get my HR up to 85-90% of my max, but then in about 30 seconds it's back down to a normal rate. The trainer says thats good! Hopefully I have a good ticker!

that is awesome. Well done
  • ssheep
    ssheep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more to resting heart rate than just fitness. Your resting rate is likely to go down as you get fitter, definitely. But genetics etc play a huge role in your resting heart rate.

My resting rate is about 45, and I'm not particularly fit. When I was super fit my resting rate was about 37.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Bearing in mind I'm not an athlete, but train regularly, I'm pretty pleased as it says my HR is "athlete" ... my average is about 45!