Exercising while injured

Options
Hi All,

I am trying really hard with this all at the moment, but it seems every time I start up my weight loss efforts, my body rebels and ends up with some new and wonderful injury. Currently it's an old injury I've had since I was 14 and it has flared up in my hip/buttock, and causes me immense pain every time I try to exercise. I'm normally quite an active person and I'm finding this all SUPER frustrating and would like to know things I can do to be active without walking/running or generally putting strain on that area until I go to the Musculo Skeletal doctor at the end of the month.

Thanks all!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am trying really hard with this all at the moment, but it seems every time I start up my weight loss efforts, my body rebels and ends up with some new and wonderful injury. Currently it's an old injury I've had since I was 14 and it has flared up in my hip/buttock, and causes me immense pain every time I try to exercise. I'm normally quite an active person and I'm finding this all SUPER frustrating and would like to know things I can do to be active without walking/running or generally putting strain on that area until I go to the Musculo Skeletal doctor at the end of the month.

Thanks all!

Sorry but, this is a question more suited for your primary care, your osteopath or whomever is involved in your care. This is not a medical related website and to consider something else that worked for another person, could be counter productive for you....
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Why would you possibly want to make it worse, or injuring yourself MORE. I would take it easy until you can get to your doctor and see what he has to say. Be SAFE!!!!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle a couple of months ago and so I couldn't do any exercise that involved standing, walking, or putting weight on my leg. I looked it up on youtube but if you search "exercising with a lower body injury" or "Cardio with lower body injury" you will get some hits! Most of the exercises will use your upper body, but you should really take it easy until you see the doc. You don't want to injure it further!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with other comments - see your Doctor! I am exercising with torn cartilage in my knees but I know what I'm doing having had surgery on both (twice on the left). I have made the conscious decision to work on so that I lose the weight and my goal is to maintain for a year and then get my knees sorted. The problem I have had in the past was carrying too much weight whenever I had the surgeries - next time I hope they will get fixed for good. But see your doctor.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with other comments - see your Doctor! I am exercising with torn cartilage in my knees but I know what I'm doing having had surgery on both (twice on the left). I have made the conscious decision to work on so that I lose the weight and my goal is to maintain for a year and then get my knees sorted. The problem I have had in the past was carrying too much weight whenever I had the surgeries - next time I hope they will get fixed for good. But see your doctor.

THANK YOU!