I'll have to give up too much
I'll have to think about it all the time
I should just be comfortable with who I am
It's too cold outside
It's too hot outside
But I'm on my period
I'll do it tomorrow
I'll start next week

Those were all nothing but excuses for why I wasn't off my couch and doing something better for myself. Lies I told myself to make it ok for me to be lazy and overweight. And I'm done with them all!

Replies

• nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Awesome :) I, too, have realized these excuses are b.s. I like the quote that goes something like "yesterday you said you would do it tomorrow" or along those lines.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Nice post!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    I don't know that I ever made actual excuses. I was really, really good at denial, though. And then one day someone tells you that you stop breathing in your sleep and the weight is a factor. Denial has limits.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Love it! Love your new attitude!!
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    indeed! its crazy how once you jump in and really start doing it how much confidence you get and don't have to second guess yourself anymore. And I am a very anti social person but ever since I have started my weight loss journey I am way more out going and not such a wimp lol
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    I love your post!!!!

We believe in you, He believes in you and know you are believing in you!!! you're going to do amazing I can feel it.

May our Lord bless you as you go through this wonderful journey :)
  • Great attitude!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Nice post!

AGREED!!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Great post! If everyone (myself included sometimes):blushing: sat down and itentified their excuses (or as I call them "justifications") they would be a lot less likely to use them again in the future! :wink:
  • barwood
    barwood Posts: 48 Member
    Hey tobefitalways your almost my neighbor I live in Magnolia,Tx. i just joined about 11 days ago . Glad to see you on here.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    That's it get determined.
  • Laurie9797
    Laurie9797 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey tobefitalways your almost my neighbor I live in Magnolia,Tx. i just joined about 11 days ago . Glad to see you on here.

I'm in Tomball, TX. :-)