Mile Challenge for 10/31 - 11/06

Options
Hi Everyone! Happy Halloween!
This is a simple mile challenge to help motivate us all to get our butts moving.
There are three mini-groups within this challenge. You can join up to complete either 15, 25, or 35 miles over the next seven days. For new and old members, here is a list of the basics for this challenge:

-This is a weekly challenge to chart miles on any exercise equipment or outside running, walking, ect. We welcome anyone who would like to join us, this has become a great motivation for me! I will update the miles daily so we know where we all are. The challenge will run from today until next Sunday, and I will post the completed miles a week from today.

-There are three separate mini-groups for this mile challenge. Group A will be aiming for 15 miles, group B will aim for 25 miles, and group C will aim for 35 miles.

-Post your completed miles each day to this thread. I will update with current totals over my lunch most day, but forgive me if I am super busy and don't get to it until that night. Please include which group you would like to join with when you reply to join so I can sort you correctly, and when you reply with your miles, please list your group. For example, "PlunderBunneh, group B, 3.8 miles"

-I will keep your name on the list if you miss a couple of days, but if I don't hear from you for three days I will assume you've lost interest and remove your name from the challenge. You will still be welcome to join next week's challenge.

-These miles can be completed in just about whatever manner you prefer, and however spread out over the week. However, please don't join the challenge for 15 miles and knock that out in a day, it isn't supportive or encouraging to those of us that have to work for our mile challenge goal.

-I am not beyond typos and other silly mistakes! If your miles aren't adding up like they should, send me a message and let me know, and I'll look over the spreadsheet and figure out what is going on. Typically, I just entered the wrong number into the wrong place by accident. Promise not to eat your soul if you point out my mistake ;)

-This is a friendly challenge! It's okay if something comes up and you can't reach goal. We are here to motivate each other, not judge.

To join the challenge, reply to this thread by Wednesday afternoon with your name and let me know which goal you are aiming for, A (15 miles), B (25 miles), or C (35 miles).

Happy miles to all!

Replies

• bethechangeuwant
    bethechangeuwant Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for Group C again, pretty please!!

(I always get so busy on the weekends, that I forget to get back to with you my finally #'s. Sorry bout that!)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Group C, please.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in please. Group B - 25miles

I am in Australia so 10/31 already done :smile: 2.5 miles
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! I want in!! Group C please!!
  • stinsonking
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this and looking for all the encouragement/support I can get, so this is great! I would like to sign up for Group B please. Thanks.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Group C please - 6.7 miles for Monday
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Group A :flowerforyou:
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    Group C for me. Thanks so much for organizing this!!!
  • rialems
    rialems Posts: 44
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Group B Sis - Thanks again!
  • rialems
    rialems Posts: 44
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Group B Sis - Thanks again!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bjfmade, Group C, 11.64 miles for today. Thanks for organizing this. My first challenge!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'll get in on this! I definitely need motivation to exercise this week.I'm going to shoot for Group A. Thanks for organizing this!
    I got 3.8 miles today.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'll do group A. I ran a 10K yesterday and im super sore so that is all i'll be able to do this week.
  • stinsonking
    Options
    stinsonking Group B(25 mi) 10-31 4miles completed
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Group A, 3.4 miles :bigsmile:
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I like having some extra motivation & some accountability. Sign me up for group B. 10/31 5.8 miles.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think I will try group B this week!

SaishaLea, Group B, 2 miles for Monday
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'll do group A. I ran a 10K yesterday and im super sore so that is all i'll be able to do this week.

Way To Go!! I'm proud of you!!

Group C
    3.79 miles (dogwalk)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Group B, 10 miles today
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    10/31 Group C 10.70 miles for the day