Unhealthy Advice

Options
I feel like I come across a lot of unhealthy advice on the forums. I don't want to follow some sort of fad diet, do crazy things to lose those last 10 lbs, or rationalize unhealthy eating patterns.

I want to be healthy, live a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy food, and feel healthy! I think it's a fairly simple idea that gets confused with a lot of bad advice.

So here is my plea: if you are a committed towards doing this in healthy, holistic and sound ways, then I want to be friends with you. I want your support!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I second this- I worry when I see people resorting to crash diets or fasting. I listen to my body. That is all.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, however we don't have a universally accepted definition of healthy. Until we do, we will have to continue to discuss things.

My version of healthy is probably not the same as someone else.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I agree, too. I know the only way this will work for me is if I try to eat healthier in a normal kind of way. I don't need a "diet", I need a healthy eating plan for life. I'd much rather lose the weight slowly and keep it off than doing a fad diet and gaining it all back quickly, and making myself less healthy in the long run!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Agree with the guy above me; please define "healthy" because to me there is no such thing as unhealthy foods, only unhealthy diets.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, however we don't have a universally accepted definition of healthy. Until we do, we will have to continue to discuss things.

I agree with this.
  • RunningMyButtOff
    RunningMyButtOff Posts: 15 Member
    Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health

I think the World Health Organization does a good job clarifying. This seems more on board with how I define health at least.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

I also agree.