Belated Congrats NSV

Options
I Started in April 2011, hit 65 pounds a few months ago. Some folks are just now claiming to notice.

Conversation goes just like this (coincidentally these were all members of senior management)...

"Hey, have you lost a LOT of weight or something?”

“Ahhh, yes, thank you”

“Cause you are looking, uhhh, smaller, uhh, what made you decide to do it?”

“Health reasons (cause I can’t think of another response for this)”

“Well, GOOD FOR YOU, GREAT JOB!!!”

End Conversation

What the heck is this!!!? I think I know but I’d like to hear interpretations from other MFP members.

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think it could be a few things - people often don't really look at each other (especially guys), they just kind of take you for granted. Guys are probably less likely to comment on each other's appearance. People sometimes don't want to comment on weight 'cos they think it might be implying 'you were so fat before'. Did you buy smaller clothes? If you're still wearing big unflattering clothes, it might not look like you've lost as much as you have.

Just a few ideas. Well done on your loss, anyway!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I think it could be a few things - people often don't really look at each other (especially guys), they just kind of take you for granted. Guys are probably less likely to comment on each other's appearance. People sometimes don't want to comment on weight 'cos they think it might be implying 'you were so fat before'. Did you buy smaller clothes? If you're still wearing big unflattering clothes, it might not look like you've lost as much as you have.

Just a few ideas. Well done on your loss, anyway!

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!