Special K Challenge, lose a pant size by thanksgiving, anyon

Options
Note: We don't need any negativity about your opinion or lectures about "real food" ect, if you feel the need to tell us what and how to eat you are more than welcome to hire us an live-in chef as well as pay for our food. Thanks :)

So I am starting a variation of the special k challenge. I am using slimfast shakes and some meal bars since I have tons on hand and I am also going to eat special K cereal since I've been wanting some :)

So from my understanding the special K challenge works like this.

Breakfast: Special K Cereal
Snack: special k bar or 90 calorie snack {I will doing a fiberchoice bar, fruit, or snack bar}
Lunch: Special K meal bar or shake {I will be having a slimfast bar or shake or special k bar}
Snack: special k snack
Dinner: A sensible meal

Also you can drink drinks as normally so not just water if you don't want, and you can have as many fruits and veggies as you want.

I decided to do this for 2 wks instead of slim-fast because there is a bit more freedom with drinks and fruits and veggies as snacks. I may also substitute a lunch or two for a 200 calorie tuna lunch pack since I have a few of them.

I'll actually be starting tonight with a bowl of cereal and will weigh-in in the morning. Anyone is welcome to join and add me for support. I'll also hopefully be logging in some form of exercise daily. I am really into jumping rope lately. Quick, good work out and burns lots of calories.

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP I was doing the Special K challenge. I definitely lost and kept off about 6lbs with it. I will do it with you again. Maybe it will give another good kick start!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you!!! Haters gonna hate, as they say. I eat off the Taco Bell Fresco menu all the time. People tell me I am just doing AWFUL things for myself, but I've lost a lot of weight, and my junk food cravings are in check. I wish you lots of luck!!!
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lol sure i'll be positive. i'll be positive that you'll be starving and that any weight you lose you will gain back the minute you eat normal food again and that next time you try to lose that weigth it'll be that much harder. however, you're an adult and if you want to starve yourself you are more than welcome to do so. more power to you. the fact that you felt the need to tell us not to lecture you tells me that you know this can't be good for you. i eat real food. i don't spend more than 60 bucks a week and i cook once every three days. and i live in canada where food prices are 3 to 4 times what they are in the states. but enjoy your special K.

You know its easy enough to just hit the back button on your browser, or the home tab to go back to your home page rather than leaving rude feedback where it is obviously not wanted. I'm sure people will figure out what works for them or not on their own. You could've just changed the page rather than making yourself look like an idiot.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    LOL

I do what works for me, slim-fast actually gave me an awesome kick-start about portion sizes. I was eating 2000-2500 per day before slim-fast. I'm pretty happy about losing 24 lbs own my own as well as by lowering my blood pressure in the process.

I think what works for one person may not work for another. I just thought this would be fun to do before thanksgiving. It's not like I'm going to go to eating 3000 calories a day when this is over and swim in a tub of lard lol
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    And swim in a tub of lard LMAO =]
  • tina2222
    Options
    I think I will have to use similar bars etc for this as we don't have the meal bars here. Looks hard lol and I'll probably be hungry, but I only have 7lbs til my goal weight! Hopefully this works and I will shop and start tomorrow:) is it only a 2 were challenge type thing?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Bump