heading out for my last smoke

I fully expect to hit my mini goal of 50 pounds lost tomorrow morning at my official weigh in. I told myself once I lost 50lbs it was time to make another life style change. well off to light up my last cig ever .... swallowing hard....

Replies

• CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    I wish you luck! I quit about 2.5 years ago and quitting was easy. It was the going into the gas station that was hard. The getting into my car (and not lighting up) that was hard. It was the stressful event that was hard.

You already know it won't be easy. Use the things you've learned to control your snakcing to control your cigarette cravings. Remember why you're quitting and call on that when it's really hard.

And above all, know that I'm on MFP daily if you need a little burst of support! :flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    You got this man. You set out to lose some weight and you're down 50 lbs. You want to quit smoking? You have the will power to do it. The sky's the limit.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    I quit last year. You can do it. If you need support I am here.
  • Wow, I wish you well. I have that on my to do/due list. I have several times in the past (just like loosing and gaining weight) but right now figuring out the loosing and getting food healthy thing. Keep us informed and remember to breath!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Super! I quit over 8 years ago, cold turkey. Would take another drag if I were paid!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    You don't have to stay away from all cigarettes, you just have to stay away from that first one.

It's hard, but hang in there. :happy:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    We're rootin' for ya, Jake! It's a big step, but you can do it. You've been training hard in self-control with MFP, it's basically the same thing. I need to follow suit when I hit 50! Big gulp is right. : )
  • congratulations and good luck!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that you cannot do if you want it bad enough. Congratulations on being smoke-free as of tomorrow! And congrats on your tremendous weigh-loss thus far!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    You've got what it takes to lose the weight, you can def quit smoking, and you'll be so much better off. Congrats and good luck!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Congrats on your decision! You can do it. I am 4 weeks cigarette free! Cheering for ya!!
  • You can do this. Every time you choose to NOT smoke is a moment in which you are in full control of your health. Don't forget that. Also, tell EVERYONE and request their support. That way they can respect your lifestyle change and not light up around you or tempt you. Thinking of you!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    good for you and you can do it!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    That is FANTASTIC. I'm so proud of you- that's a difficult step to take. I know you can stick with it. Chew gum, oral fixation is a hard habit to break. Again, incredible thing you're going! Your body will thank you!
  • AussieGem
    AussieGem Posts: 96 Member
    That is fantastic! Congrats on taking this step to a new and healthier you. You can do anything you put your mind to.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    you can do it... congrats on losing 50.... i quit over 2 years ago... hard yes but worth it. :flowerforyou:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Quitting smoking was hard, but its one of the best things I ever did for myself. I didn't gain weight when I quit. Instead I focused on working out and taking back control over my own cardiovascular fitness. Today I am capable of workouts that I would never ever have been capable of as a smoker. When I get off the stair climber or finish a spin class I can feel how powerful my lungs are now and I LOVE IT.

I will definitely send you good vibes - BEST OF LUCK!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Great decision. You can do this :)
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Congratulations.. THE BEST DECISION you will make!!! So Happy for you!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    You got this. Smoking is nasty. I quit almost 4 years ago and although its temping sometimes, best thing I've ever done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!