Why am i not loosing??

Options
Ok so last week i upped my 1hr a day excercise to 2hrs or more a day ( i think i did 3 hrs a day most all week) i kept under my calorie goal, ate 90% healthy did eat sum excercise calories back tho..

i am morbidly obese so i thought doing this wld make me loose heaps!! ive been stuck at -5.1kgs for like 4-6weeks now..

But when i weighed in i had gained 200g.. why am i not loosing?
Ive started taking hydroxycut this week to see if that helps..

What cld be any other reasons why im not loosing??

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    well, let's see the diary....
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    it could be your salt levels. it could just take some time( think how long it took you to get where you are now). You could be logging in the wrong info in your food diary( I suggest get a food scale).
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Agreeing - youre diary is not viewable... and I can definitely tell you, that you are gonna waste your time and money on over-the-counter weight loss pills... Im willing to bet it has alot to do with what you are eating...or not eating a variety, etc...
  • hayes1311
    hayes1311 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hrmm, i have a food scale & weigh everything.. ive only been strictly logging for 3 weeks now, b4 that i wasnt logging weekends..
    the first 2 weeks is when i lost 5kgs & since then nothing..
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've hit many plateau's along the way.....weight loss plateuas occur when weight loss stops for like 6-8 weeks. I'm also morbidly obese so I understand it's so freaking frustrating right.....

Honestly I would really concentrate on the food first before the excercise......make sure your drinking all your water and your body has only one way to go....u may also not be eating enough.....

add me if u want....

we can talk further...
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    GuruMeditationEr is right. There are tons of reasons not to be losing. Are you getting enough fluids? Are you eating enough? Define healthy. What kind of exercise?

Congrats on your 5kg loss, that's great! I hope you can figure out what isn't working and turn it around.
  • hayes1311
    Options
    its on public tho...
  • cramernh
    Options
    its on public tho...

Sorry but your diary is not on public....only viewable to the friends you have in your list....
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Please calm down and don't resort to pills.... i ts probably something very simple.

1. You could have set your goals incorrectly
    2. You could be tracking calories incorrectly (are you verifying stats are correct? are you measuring or weighing?
    3. You could be tracking your calories burned incorrectly (If you don't have an HRM with a chest strap, you're not tracking correctly)
    4. You could be eating too much sodium and retaining
    5. You might not be drinking enough fluids
    6. You are exercising too much and not giving your body a rest. (I broke a plateau by stopping my obsessive gym additiction and went from going 7-10x a week to 5 -- and I started losing again)
  • hayes1311
    Options
    Sorry just realised.. have changed it over if you want to look at it..

Now remember i have put 90% healthy!!

i have had sum bad days & sum bad meals but every1 does..
    You cant be 100% perfect..
  • cramernh
    Options
    Sorry just realised.. have changed it over if you want to look at it..

Now remember i have put 90% healthy!!

i have had sum bad days & sum bad meals but every1 does..
    You cant be 100% perfect..

You can if you have serious health conditions like I do...
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What I've learned is that not all calories are equal. Sure, people say calories in, calories out, etc. etc.

But the reality is that my body reacts differently to certain foods. For example, I can eat under my calorie goal all week. Some days I'll "lose" a bit; other days, I'll gain. Why? If I look at my diary, it's because of the salt levels and water intake.

Drink more water. Try to eat more raw foods - or natural foods lightly cooked (my fav is a basic baked sweet potato, plain). Eat back exercise calories for a boost. Change the style of workouts.

I also find the more natural the foods, the more correct the calorie counts are.

Just my two cents.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    net dangerously low. see http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

i would also suggest exercising less
  • SandyCurrier
    Options
    Hi, Im Sandy, and I couldnt help but notice that you are working out up to 3 hrs at a time? You may be building muscle, I've heard muscle weighs more than fat...depending on the type of exercise you are doing. I only do cardio, and 30 min 3 x week..take a look at what you are doing as far as exercising, see if there are any changes in a couple of weeks. Good Luck to you! Dont give up!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary,

looks like you are starving yourself! Eat more (real food if you can like salads, fruit etc) and you'll probably loose weight.
    Looks like you are often skipping breakfast too which is bad. Never miss breakfast (and rice biscuits don't count). Maybe try making some smoothies. They are so yummy and quick to make and if you put some protein powder if they are even better.

I hope that helps.
  • hayes1311
    Options
    i try to eat my excecise calories back, but sometimes its hard, sometimes im just full already!!

I do excercise a lot because thats what i do in my spare time.. ive only been doing this since last week tho. & i only upped it because i wasnt loosing anything..
  • hayes1311
    Options
    I eat salad & fruit every day.. mon-fri i have smoothies for bfast (boost juice ones)
    weekends i have eggs & stufff & make a omelete..
  • cramernh
    Options
    I dont know what your dietary focus is but some of your meals are high carb, some of your meals are high sodium (frozen foods especially), high fat/Carb/Calorie (McDonalds) - not really alot of good food choices at all. Im not trying to be mean, but thats the reality of what I am seeing.. there was one day you had a 1028-or so calorie McDonald's meal for lunch... That is almost an entire day's worth of calories for me...or others...

Your eating habits dont appear to be too consistent either. Then you have meals/food items that are the same over and over... basically your body is too accustomed to what you are having, and then on the days you have less-than-desirable food choices, it can throw you off.

Personally I do not believe in the food database - not everyone puts in the correct information, and then there are some where the food cant be edited anymore, etc....

You could definitely benefit from better meal planning to be honest, and then be EXTREMELY careful with fast food and frozen meals - thats nothing but high calories, high fat, high simple carbohydrates, high sodium - depending on what you are eating...

How about actually making homemade Chicken Stir Fry, instead of the generic listing you chose? Homemade and healthier Mac & cheese instead of Kraft boxed mac & cheese and include fresh vegetables?

Give it a shot - for one week, plan your meals ahead - no fast food, no processed boxed food, no frozen meals and actually prepare your meals at home (you could save the money from purchasing junk food and fast food to put towards fresh foods) give your body a chance to try what real foods taste like that are fresh made.... drink plenty of water.... concentrate on healthy carbohydrates - the kind that are complex and the traditional portion should be no more than 25% of a small plate.

How about your health? Any problems with insulin? Thyroid? Metabolism? Anything?
  • cramernh
    Options
    Hi, Im Sandy, and I couldnt help but notice that you are working out up to 3 hrs at a time? You may be building muscle, I've heard muscle weighs more than fat...depending on the type of exercise you are doing. I only do cardio, and 30 min 3 x week..take a look at what you are doing as far as exercising, see if there are any changes in a couple of weeks. Good Luck to you! Dont give up!

Sorry that is false... 1# muscle 1# weight - they both weigh the same.... the volume/space it takes is different...
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If your logging is correct, you're not even close to eating enough. Try slowly upping your calories and you should see a loss.