I thought this might help.

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    No offense to those that do, but this is the exact reason why I don't weigh myself every day.
    OH!! Thank you Bri:drinker: ....absolutely a girl after my own heart:flowerforyou:

I see soooooooo many folks worrying about weigh fluctuatons when weighing in daily or 11 times a day:noway: :wink: :tongue: and think, I would simply LOSE MY MIND if I did that ....yea I used to jump on the scale years ago everytime I walked past it.:sad: :sick:

I just can't let myself do that anymore, in fact I don't even own a scale, I prefer to weigh in every couple weeks or simply leave it to 1 time a month. Pretty much why most of the terrific challenges on here don't work for me because they all weigh in once a week.:sad: :brokenheart:

I know I drink my water (and all the rest of you know it now as well! lol :laugh: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: ), eat clean, workout and try to keep it positive. SO I feel as long as I do that I'm quite sure I'm not gaining other than PMS time (which I highly recommend you Girls kick the scale under the bed during that time, stay off it keep your sanity!:noway: :tongue: )

I say grab the ole tape measure and go by that for a bit to see how much you're losing in inches, go by how your clothes feel, how you feel, NOT by what the scale says every few minutes:flowerforyou:

The tape measure can speak volumes and trying on a pair of jeans that you've saved for that 'day you hope will come' might just surprise you whether the scale indicates it or not!:bigsmile:

It makes me sad to see so many folks so frustrated over a little metal box when we know in our heart of hearts how we are really doing!!

I say Bri I agree!!!:drinker: :laugh:

Have a fabulous day all... maybe we should have a special day each week called 'stay off the scale today'....it could be a day when the tape measures and the skinny jeans can get pulled out!!

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i have no problem weighing every day. When I was a healthy weight I weighed a lot and noticed tons of fluctuations then even though I wore the same clothes so i learned that it is normal. i like being in tune with my body and I thought it was neat to recognize the patterns. Seeing the patternes over the long haul make me pretty comfortable and unemotional about normal fluctuations.

I think you should weigh when are most comfortable either once a week or daily . I simply posted this to help people who maybe have not been here long enough to see the trend even though they are doing all the right things. Because I see people getting upset and I just wanted to show that it is normal to fluctiate in weight daily but it does not mean you are not losing in the long run.

Weigh whenever you feel comfortorable and can mentally handle it. One way is not better then another simply a personal preference. Try a few different weigh in intervels untill you find what works best for you:)

I appreciate you taking the time to post your daily weights...I do agree some can learn how their body changes on a daily basis to learn how our bodies work. My words were more toward folks that are not yet ready or able to quite handle the fluctuations, newer folks that sort of thing:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Perhaps I will experiment on that myself one day soon, er rather one month soon and weight myself daily at the gym to see the fluctuations, maybe I'll learn a thing or two about my body.

Suldrun, I think you make excellent points when you shared 'weigh when you feel comfy and can mentally handle it!! Very wise words indeed :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    No offense to those that do, but this is the exact reason why I don't weigh myself every day.
    OH!! Thank you Bri:drinker: ....absolutely a girl after my own heart:flowerforyou:

I see soooooooo many folks worrying about weigh fluctuatons when weighing in daily or 11 times a day:noway: :wink: :tongue: and think, I would simply LOSE MY MIND if I did that ....yea I used to jump on the scale years ago everytime I walked past it.:sad: :sick:

I just can't let myself do that anymore, in fact I don't even own a scale, I prefer to weigh in every couple weeks or simply leave it to 1 time a month. Pretty much why most of the terrific challenges on here don't work for me because they all weigh in once a week.:sad: :brokenheart:

I know I drink my water (and all the rest of you know it now as well! lol :laugh: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: ), eat clean, workout and try to keep it positive. SO I feel as long as I do that I'm quite sure I'm not gaining other than PMS time (which I highly recommend you Girls kick the scale under the bed during that time, stay off it keep your sanity!:noway: :tongue: )

I say grab the ole tape measure and go by that for a bit to see how much you're losing in inches, go by how your clothes feel, how you feel, NOT by what the scale says every few minutes:flowerforyou:

The tape measure can speak volumes and trying on a pair of jeans that you've saved for that 'day you hope will come' might just surprise you whether the scale indicates it or not!:bigsmile:

It makes me sad to see so many folks so frustrated over a little metal box when we know in our heart of hearts how we are really doing!!

I say Bri I agree!!!:drinker: :laugh:

Have a fabulous day all... maybe we should have a special day each week called 'stay off the scale today'....it could be a day when the tape measures and the skinny jeans can get pulled out!!

well said, in fact you have convinced me to stop weighing in every day. I am now going to switch to once a week and tomorrow I am going to buy me a tape measure so I can do my measurements that I have not done as of yet. Thanks fitness_chick.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    i am very glad that some people were helped by this. That was my only reason to post!!! To show that it is completly normal to fluctuate in fact i see 2 and 3 lb differences over night. I see people upset that they gained a lb or 2 even though they are doing everything right and i just wanted to show that it is normal thats all.

For those who do not weigh and measure only or weigh once a week only i think all these are great too. I am not promoting weighing everyday i simply wanted o show that the scale is not the end all be all!

My mood and self esteem is not related to the scale or how much I weigh if you find your moods being affected by the scale i hope that this helps you some. You also may want to focus on weighing once a week or measuring. Again I only wanted people to see how normal it is to be all over the place.

I
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I totally needed this...I try SO hard not to weigh, becuase I'm always looking for that amazing number from the day before...so I'm almost always disappointed and while I KNOW there are daily flux, it still disappoints me to no end to see the numbers not dropping.
    Thanks!!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    thx for your support! Your doing awsome kep it up and we will all get there:flowerforyou: