Day one

today is officially my day one of dieting... Ging to buy some scales so i can weigh myself properly and go for a run while the kids are at nursery! I need all the encouragement I can get!!!
Thanks fellow dieters! X

Replies

• Sounds great!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Welcome... its not a diet... its a lifestyle! good luck on your journey.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Welcome... its not a diet... its a lifestyle! good luck on your journey.

Agreed! ;) Don't think of it as "diet". As long as you change your lifestyle, you won't even stress yourself with the D word. ;)
  • Thanks everyone! Got my scales! Was more than I though but hey ho... It's a start now!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    welcome! you can do this.... moderation is key, and set realistic goals. :)
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Thanks everyone! Got my scales! Was more than I though but hey ho... It's a start now!

Some scale advice! If you get to where you are weighing everyday and get frustrated when it goes up and down, put it away and weigh in only once a week or two. Your weight WILL fluctuate and it is one of those things that if taken too seriously, will make you feel defeated! We have daily and weekly fluctuations from holding water. This is caused by too much sodium, muslce repair, too many carbs, among other things. Just make healthy choices in your food and excercise! Gauge your success by the way your clothes fit for the most part and then as the numbers eventually drop on the scale...its a bonus! You will do FANTABULOUS...enjoy your getting healthy journey!