Proud of myself!

Options
I just got back from an approximately 4.35 mile run, which I did in 34 minutes. The calculator tells me I would have done three miles (the Marine Corps physical fitness test run) in 23:05 or so, which is better than I was running the last few months of my enlistment. My personal best time was 19:27 which I ran in Okinawa in the summer of '97 when I weighed about 185 lbs.

Yesterday, I weighed 293.4.

Replies

• Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I hate running. Well done for being so committed! And keep going!
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hell ya, dude. That's amazing. I just finished a 4 mile in 35 and I weigh 205. So, you just kicked my *kitten* officially. My dad was career Army as a helo pilot. Thanks for serving our country.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Keep up the good work.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo NSV!!!!!!
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    Yut!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, good running. It took me an hour to run 3.5 miles yesterday, so you are running at double my speed. :)
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    I should have waited to post, because in my post-run stupor I transposed my start time from 5:23 to 5:32, which adds 9 minutes to my run time, bringing me to 43 minutes for 4.35 miles instead of 34. So, I'm running 10 minute miles, not 7.5s. I'll get there. I'm still proud of myself, because that is the farthest I've run in well over a decade.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Running 7.5 mph (a little over 12 kmh) for 34 minutes straight at almost 300 lbs... very impressive!
    I'm a little under 250 lbs and I've been running for several months and I'm still trying to get my 5k (3.1 miles) time under 35 minutes.

Edit: Haha... I just read your corrected times. Still impressive though. Good job!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You did great. I am under 200 and still get my butt kicked by 10 min miles. At 260 I simply could not do them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!