Beef jerky?!

DizzyLinds
DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
I just tried beef jerky...noticed it was quite high in protein. Not sure what i think of the taste though!?

Replies

• cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    i love beef jerky, but only certain kinds, i like teriyaki, peppered, and sweet & hot. high in protein but also SUPER high in sodium
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    I don't mind it from time to time... usually after a workout... but keep an eye out for the sodium content... usually it is loaded with it...
    I use to make some on my own before my dehydrator died on me...
  • it is definately an acquired taste. it took me a long time to like it. there are a bunch of flavoured ones you can try... Jack Links makes a 'sweet and hot' that is amazing... although, every now and then, i think they forget to add the sweet :ohwell:
    there's also a brown sugar one to make up for it, if you don't like hot, and just want sweet. hubby likes the jalapeno one, and, there's a black pepper one as well.
    just keep an eye on portion and sodium... they can get quite high if you aren't looking.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    look for natural versions with only whole meats.... a lot of extra crap gets thrown in most of the usual varieties....
This discussion has been closed.