ugg.... Sore throat!!! Any exercise recommended?

Options
I was always told by a trainer at a gym I used to go to to take it easy on the cardio when I had a cold. "Just get your strength training in" is what she would always say. In recent months I have come across some topic posts that would say things like "a few min into my cardio I started to feel better" and " I didn't have to blow my nose the whole time I was working out". These ppl had colds and said that cold symptoms subsided while exercising, but none mention a sore throat. Would the heavy breathing of a workout cession make my extremely sore and irritated throat worse and would I be more worn out after the fact???:sick:

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It depends! I'm just getting over a cold and I think all the extra breathing through my mouth did my throat no favours. That was just breathing too- no exercise breathing, :frown: Even now I'm just getting back into my turbo fire routine, I really feel it on my throat through my mouth breathing, and for a while afterwards...
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Let your body tell you how much is to much...when your sick one of the best things is fluids and rest...just listen to what your body is telling hun...hope you feel better