new and will accept any ideas!!!

Options
Hello everyone!!!! I just started my food and fitness diary yesterday and hoping that this will assist in my new "lifestyle" change.

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind from the start. Knowing it's a lifestyle change and not a diet will help you succeed, IMO.
    Eat enough healthy foods to meet your calorie goals each day and get plenty of exercise and the results you're looking for will come.
  • aimes8
    aimes8 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome! Just remember its a journey everyday is not going to be an easy day. Best Wishes to you!
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well done on making the first steps on your new lifestyle, and good luck x

add me as a friend if you like maybe we can toss a few ideas around and help each other!!!
  • Davevide
    Options
    What helps me a lot is the digital scale in my kitchen. It weighs in Grams and Ounces. I weigh everything before I cook it or eat it. That is unless it is pre-packaged for single serving. I love chocolate, so if I have a candy bar, it goes to my calorie count. I love riding bikes, so that is my favorite form of exercise. Find one you like and can do regularly. I even invested in an indoor bike roller so I can continue to ride indoors. You can choose to eat more if you exercise more, but you will lose faster if you don't. It gets tougher the more weight you loose and your calories intake lessens. I find myself eating just a bit more, but I try not to exceed my calorie limit. With the holiday season coming up, it is going to be a battle of wills, but you can do it. Simply exercise more!