Core exercises

Options
So my entire body is sore except for my abs. I've had some really awesome workouts the last couple of days and I want to squeeze one more day in before a rest day tomorrow. Any ideas for interesting core exercises that don't require as much from arms or legs? I hate crunches and things...so it's always a struggle for me to get a core workout.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    there are a TON of plank moves that are great core burners.... standard, elbows, alternating (elbow up to hands, right, left, etc)... then there are the tony horton moves like mason twists, and superman/banana.... if you have something you can tuck your feet under, it's nice to lay back and do over-extended situps (off the edge of a bed, or something). there are also lots of standing workouts and things you can do with weights. :-) hold 10 lbs in each hand and rock side to side, flex the abdominals, and this works our obliques.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I hate it too! I have found several core workouts on excercise TV. Hopefully you have that with cable...if not, there are some free ones online...just google(google is my friend). Enjoy !
  • kaitlinrussell412
    Options
    If you have Netflix, there are a ton of great Pilates workouts on streaming and DVD! Pilates is all about the core and they won't make you do a bunch of sit-ups.
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Using a TRX, there are lots. TRX is on my Xmas list!