Uses for juicer pulp...

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
Can anyone recommend any?

I thought maybe carrot and celery could be snuck into spaghetti sauce but only in small amounts and there is bound to be pulp left over, what else can I do with it?

Also, anyone have any thoughts about the possibility of the pulp being contaminated with pesticides (after washing), the juice having no nutritional benefit (having come from a centrifugal juicer) and juice oxidization?

Just had my first juice tonight (carrot and apple mmmmmmmmmmmm yum!!!!) and snuck the pulp into pasta sauce. It may or may not have any nutritional value but considering I am trying to lose weight, it's bulkariffic!!! :-D Sooo full.

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend any?

I thought maybe carrot and celery could be snuck into spaghetti sauce but only in small amounts and there is bound to be pulp left over, what else can I do with it?

Also, anyone have any thoughts about the possibility of the pulp being contaminated with pesticides (after washing), the juice having no nutritional benefit (having come from a centrifugal juicer) and juice oxidization?

Just had my first juice tonight (carrot and apple mmmmmmmmmmmm yum!!!!) and snuck the pulp into pasta sauce. It may or may not have any nutritional value but considering I am trying to lose weight, it's bulkariffic!!! :-D Sooo full.

You seem to snuck pulp into everything lol
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't juice very often, but when I do I put it outside on the soil by the plants. Organic matter, it's very good for them and they grow like crazy. But...usually the animals get to a lot of it before it's absorbed, haha.
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feed your hamster, muffins, carrot cake, soups. lasagne...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    To figure out the calories for the juice, roughly subtract 4 calories for each gram of fiber. To calculate the pulp, roughly count 4 calories per gram of fiber in the produce you are using. I use the pulp for compost, and I also use the compost for baking. The kids get it in their pancakes. I put it in breads, etc. I use it in place of the oil the same way you can replace oil with applesauce.