inabillity to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    oh i have been basically stuck around this weight since about the begining of the year, i lose a bit and gain it right back.

i probably have lost 50 pounds but its all been the same 8-10 pounds over and over.

before that i had lost 50 pounds in 4 months.

few years ago i did the same, got to just below this point (but didnt start as high) came to this brick wall, stayed the same for so long , and gave up.

i dont want to just give up, i want to get where i a can atleat be healthy and happy, even if i cant get down to hot chick (as my son would say ) level

50 pounds in 4 months?! thats a lot... your body is probably not wanting to give any more up right now!

Is there a reason you do such low carb?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    oh i have been basically stuck around this weight since about the begining of the year, i lose a bit and gain it right back.

i probably have lost 50 pounds but its all been the same 8-10 pounds over and over.

before that i had lost 50 pounds in 4 months.

few years ago i did the same, got to just below this point (but didnt start as high) came to this brick wall, stayed the same for so long , and gave up.

i dont want to just give up, i want to get where i a can atleat be healthy and happy, even if i cant get down to hot chick (as my son would say ) level

50 pounds in 4 months?! thats a lot... your body is probably not wanting to give any more up right now!

Is there a reason you do such low carb?

its what i did to lose the 50 lbs , and it is the only way i have ever successfully lost weight, until now
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    <trying to hit all the questions>

1200 is just where mfp put me.

i estimate, though after years of it i am fairly good, and any deviation would not be much as i try to over estimate.
    so if anythign would not add more than 100 for an off count, still puts my daily cals pretty low.

i havent had a tom in 2 years, though way behind on my shot. better get that before man comes to town in two weeks.

i do lift weights and do cardio and yes push myself hard, have not been able to as much as usual lately (changes in schedule)

my thyroid has to date tested fine, despite the fact that i do have several symtoms. on dr was going to try my on meds after an infection , didnt see him again. moved.

never really addressed it with anyone else i am bad about going to doctor only when about dying. not for checkups.

No period in two years? Have you been checked for PCOS? Sometimes comes hand in hand with insulin problems. I have heard of the "shot" - I assume you mean depo-provera - doing really crappy things to women's bodies. If it were me I would use other forms of birth control.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    <trying to hit all the questions>

1200 is just where mfp put me.

i estimate, though after years of it i am fairly good, and any deviation would not be much as i try to over estimate.
    so if anythign would not add more than 100 for an off count, still puts my daily cals pretty low.

i havent had a tom in 2 years, though way behind on my shot. better get that before man comes to town in two weeks.

i do lift weights and do cardio and yes push myself hard, have not been able to as much as usual lately (changes in schedule)

my thyroid has to date tested fine, despite the fact that i do have several symtoms. on dr was going to try my on meds after an infection , didnt see him again. moved.

never really addressed it with anyone else i am bad about going to doctor only when about dying. not for checkups.

No period in two years? Have you been checked for PCOS? Sometimes comes hand in hand with insulin problems. I have heard of the "shot" - I assume you mean depo-provera - doing really crappy things to women's bodies. If it were me I would use other forms of birth control.

Periods stopped with the shot
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    if you have 100+lbs to lose, 1200 calories is too low for you to start out on.
    here are some tips that worked for me, i lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks before i started MFP.

- stop eating "diet" items, like diet soda, artificial sugars, etc. it just leads to more bloating
    - drink a TON of water
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I would definitely consider getting checked out at the dr, but also consider that many people have noticed that they do not seem to lose weight very well on the 1200 calorie diet and then feel that if they bump it up to 1400 or 1500 they start losing the weight they've been waiting to lose. 1200 is not one-size-fits-all for everyone especially depending on activity level and exercise. And I don't know a whole lot about all the nutritional aspects of dieting (beyond making sure I get in my protein, fiber, and calcium recommended by MFP), but it might be a good idea to check into some of the suggestions that others have made. And eat you exercise calories or at least part of them (if you're not already). :-)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open --- so we have no idea what you're actually doing.

You don't list your height, weight and goal weight.... so I can't look at the settings.
    You don't mention your activity level (before scheduled exercise)

You don't mention why you are still eating so few carbs -- that stage (even with atkins) is only supposed to be temporary.

I am a former Type II diabetic and I have PCOS (both insulin diseases) so I need to eat lower carb --- but not to that extreme.
    No one could possibly keep that up for life and be healthy. I only lost weight doing low carb myself but I stll get 80-100g a day. I also get 100-150g protein a day.

If you can give more information about your stats, and open your diary maybe you can get some better responses based on fact and not guessing.