Water vs liquid

Options
I really hate to drink plain water unless I'm thirsty. So I drink a lot of iced tea and crystal light. I've been counting all liquid as water to get my 8-9 glasses a day. I was told yesterday that I'm only allowed 2 glasses (16oz) of "other" liquid and that everything else should be plain water. What do you think?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Not true. Count it. Even the food you eat contributes approx 20% towards supplying your body with fluids.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    WebMD, Mayo Clinic, etc., all say that ANY liquid counts.

I drink a lot of herbal teas. I avoid caffeine for several reasons, but reputable medical sites say that even caffeinated drinks are fine. I don't drink a lot of soda because of the sodium count in it, but doctors say even sodas count. I don't think I'd get ALL of my fluid from sodas, but I think you're fine to add Crystal Light or use tea. Tea in particular has some other health benefits, too. Black tea, green tea, red tea, white tea...all have various health benefits. You might want to google tea and health benefits...there's some interesting info out there about it.
  • dallastar
    Options
    green tea I count it all :) not sodas i dont drink those at all !!
  • marybsalmon
    marybsalmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That helps. I drink a lot of herbal and green tea, so now I'm feeling much better about the whole water versus liquid issue.