Good riddance!

Options
2»

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I was a little AWOL when I travelled home for a week after my mom died. It looks like I have less freinds, but in reality, one or more of my friends deactivated because of a bunch of BS here. I feel badly that I wasn't able to be supportive to a particular friend, or at least wish her well. It isn't about my issues, but that I wasn't there for her.

No I don't comment on everyone every day, but most of my friends have something notable every few days. I think my friends were aware of what was going on with me when I was not real involved for a week, because I had said something on my news feed. Some of the folks here were really wonderful, sending me encouraging words while I was out that really made a difference for me.

Mostly, the people here are awesome, especially if you aren't expecting people whose real names you don't know to act like your BFF's.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You've been on MFP for less than a month. You admit you were gone for ten of those days. Why are you so upset at losing a couple "friends" that you clearly barely know from the internet? I think you are the one with issues. Issues!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I just deleted 5 people from my friends list because they haven't logged in, and they were people who constantly left for long periods of time.
    I don't delete the people when I know they have left for personal reasons but plan to be back, because they make it KNOWN to their friends list.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You talk about people punishing you for "having a life". THIS is my life, not the website necessarily, but I am devoted to getting healthy! I have always have a tab open for MFP while I'm on a computer and check back frequently. Even when I'm not logging on to the website to interact with others I'm still tracking food, checking posts, etc. I have the app on my phone so I can track my calories when I'm not near a computer. So, when people see that you don't log on at all, especially after just opening your account, they probably see your lack of devotion and don't want people like that on their friend list.

Also, I was MIA for quite a while earlier in the year. I lost a few friends quite understandably, but I also had a lot of friends that were checking up on me because I had been here so much before! They did so because I interact with them frequently and lend support when needed, and visa versa. You seem upset that people whom you haven't even formed a connection with dropped you because you were gone, that's ridiculous.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Sometimes when my friends cut me I go into depression mode and basically lose all the progress that I've made. It's a horrible cycle and sometimes I feel that my MFP friends aren't really my friends at all. I just get the feeling they're just these people on a site that I share some common goals with that I communicate with electronically. I hate when I think like this. God I need some pizza and wings.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my friends cut me I go into depression mode and basically lose all the progress that I've made. It's a horrible cycle and sometimes I feel that my MFP friends aren't really my friends at all. I just get the feeling they're just these people on a site that I share some common goals with that I communicate with electronically. I hate when I think like this. God I need some pizza and wings.
    Don't worry.
    I won't cut you.
    ;]
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I thought this site was here to help support people. At the end of the day you probably would have never met these friends. This is about you taking that step to become more healthy, isnt that what we are all here for. I have some friends but we dont always comment on everything we do, you just got to get on with it. At the end of the day I need to lose weight and thats what I am doing
  • joandem26
    Options
    After 10 days in the red I would have deleted you too. I will celebrate my 365 days here in 9 days. I missed one day when I had surgery, I only keep friends that are commited to this life style.

I tend to agree with this. Although this is my first day, I want to surround myself with those that are as dedicated as I am to a healthier lifestyle.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I've had a frantic and busy last ten days that included a weekend out of town ... llogged on and seemed to have lost a couple of friends. Good riddance! If you need constant and daily interaction from me and feel the need to punish me for having a life, you have issues. Issues!

I don't talk to strange trees anyway..lol

i cut people who aren't logging in and definitely not interacting. The who point of this site IS to log your foods and workouts. If your not being consistent/supportive then what's the point? Might as well be on facebook!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Not that I don't love my MFP friends, I do. BUT... if one or 2 or 20 decide to drop me, it's not the end of the world. Why? They aren't REAL true life friends. Oh sure, they support me on my MFP journey. And, we chat about different things, laugh and generally seem to care about each other - but rarely do we get into the nitty gritty of REAL life.

This is just a general statement (not specifically to any one poster) - but if someone's feelings get hurt when on-line friends delete them, it's time to re-evaluate why they put so much into an online relationship (e.g., a person you'll never meet in real life). Just sayin'
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Deleted
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I think the list should be renamed. It shouldn't read friends list. How in the hell am I friends with "Funkediva" I don't know Funkediva real name. I don't know anything about Funkediva beyond she is under calorie , she exercise for 60 minutes and burned 599 calories or she has logged on for 185 days. Is she really my friend or just someone I am sharing a journey with at the moment. Do Funkediva know that my father died on my birthday? Do funkediva know my birthday? I question this friend thing. Honestly, I have too many people on my list to keep up with everyone on a daily basis. It takes too much time and too much going back and forth to comment on everyone's thread update. I have a headache just thinking about it. Plus you have to look at all the diaries to see if they really did a good job or not. Yeah, i need to rethink this!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Wow it's so BIG
    :tongue: :tongue:
    don't look at my post count...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post?

(looks at post count)

I must be a noob. People seriously have enough time to do THOUSANDS of posts?

Yes. Seriously.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Oooo Thanks for reminding me I knew there was something I needed to do today