HELP!!!!!!!!

Options
Hello all! I am trying to get back on the weightloss wagon and I am having a VERY DIFFICULT time....I was wondering if any of you had your diaries open so I could see them and get and idea of what a good daily menu looks like...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• nothingisred
    Options
    My diary is open if you want to have a look (you can friend me too if you like). My diary is definitely not perfect, but I think it's okay! Just bare in mind I haven't cut anything out, I'm very much about everything in moderation.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    my diary is open. I have a lot of food allergies, so you won't see any bread products or much processed food
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    mine is open, feel free to add me
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Mine is open! not always perfect, but i try :flowerforyou:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    not perfect but open
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Friend me ,My diary is also open :happy: . Good luck
  • caitindabx
    Options
    My diary is open :) I have been trying a low carb diet/lifestyle for the past 4 weeks and have lost about 10 lbs so I highly recommend giving it a try especially if you've been struggling with low fat and calorie counting..

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck!
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my daily diet is pretty boring.
    Breakfast:
    1 qt decaf (+ Splenda, half-n-half) 90 cals
    1 Dannon Light-n-Fit yogurt 80 cals
    1 banana 100 cals
    3-4 stalks of celery, 35 cals

Lunch:
    fresh salad with olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce dressing 170 cals
    1 apple 80 cals
    2 clementines 70 cals
    CFDC 0 cals

Supper:
    grilled skinless chicken thigh 170 cals
    salad similar to lunch, and/or mixed veggies with butter 170 cals
    some kind of goodie (halvah, or bread, or chocolate) 100 to 200 cals

This, combined with some miscellaneous noshing during the day -- a treat someone brings into the office, or a biscotti, or a fruit leather, pretty much brings me up to 1200 cals.

I have found that if I skip dinner, I tend to lose weight a little faster, although then I'm hungrier the next day and eat more.

Salad is an excellent filler food: high fiber, some good nutrients, water, and just fills me up. I've been eating Fresh Express bagged salads a lot. It's kind of sick, I guess, but it's so convenient, and pre-washed, and has been working for me diet-wise.

Sometimes I buy organic romaine for my salads. I wash the head and try to get water between each leaf, then shake out the water and rip the head apart right into my salad container and add dressing.

I have been spicing up my salad with dried parsley, cayenne pepper (good for circulation), and a clove or two of raw garlic (good for immune system). I fish out the garlic and intersperse bites of it with bites of salad. Luckily I don't work too closely with other people at work.

I'm super busy what with child care and my 9-5 job and so it's harder to fit in exercise than I'd like, but if I get up early enough, I try to do an hour on the elliptical, or go out running when the weather's good. This gives me an extra 500-600 cals to play with, and I might eat more baked goods. I also try to get out for a 30 minute walk at lunch, which is a quick 100 cals. It's nice having that extra buffer.

This might give you a few ideas. I love hearing about what other people do because I get in a rut and it seems that ruts stall me from losing weight.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    my diary is open as well but I look at this as a lifestyle not a diet so therefore I eat what I want in moderation... I can't stand most "diet foods" as I'm picky and.... so you may see processed foods on my diary... but it's all about choices... and balancing your day.... You can do this....take it one day at a time! You can friend me as well if you'd like!
  • demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mines open. You're welcome to jump through it for some ideas, and a few laughs. I sometimes throw myself off the wagon....but it's honest.....
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to friend me and see my diary. I love to use different recipes so if you see something that I have cooked and you want the ingredients and cooking information I'd be happy to send it your way.
  • mhughescmu
    mhughescmu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to check out my diaries. I am not a professional nutritionist, but here are some of my guidelines I follow when setting up my own eating plan

1. Determine a realistic set of goals for yourself. As part of this track for a week on MFP what you normally eat (and be honest and put down EVERYTHING.) You will get a caloric count and other nutritional information on you current habits. Once you have established this, work out a plan to cut "X" calories out of your diet in order to lose one pound per week.

2. Eat at least three meals per day. You may want to throw in two snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. A third can also be added after dinner and before bed.

3. No fancy diets are going to solve the issue. You need to eat foods from each of four food groups. Try and eat more proteins and vegetables and less carbohydrates (breads etc.).

4. If you drink soda. Stop. Seriously if you have to have soda have a diet soda, but limit that to once a day and if you can get that off your eating plan you will be better off. Diet soda is as bad or worse for you than the regular stuff, but no calories. BTW I have a soda addiction. LOL

5. Don't eat processed foods. My own rule, but there are so many prepared products in grocery stores, with lots and lots of stuff added that is not good for you. Try and cook more from scratch. It will also help you to decrease the soduim in your diet.

6. Drink water (See #4 above). I used to hate the stuff, but as you exercise and drink more of it your body will respond and crave it. Again it will help to negate the sodium you eat as part of your regular meals.

7. Eating out. Eat smart when you go out. Portion sizes at most restaurants are at least one and a half times what the should be or more. Again watch the sauces that go on there and all the sides that they offer. I try not to eat out too often, because it is harder to again control what is going into the meal.

These are just some of my ideas. I decided six weeks ago when I started that this was not going to be another diet for me but a lifestyle change. I ate very clean during the first month (probably too clean). Now I am trying to add foods into my meals to move back towards a more healthy well balanced plan (veggies, some grains etc.

I love to cook, and I love to eat out. Don't be afraid to go out and enjoy something you like, or have nachos while watching the game, do try and moderate when you go off your plan for that meal or day, and then get back on schedule the next day. Again let you goals drive you. When you make your goals, reward yourself, not with food but with a nice outfit, a size smaller or something else that will remind you of your progress. Finally lose that weight for yourself, because you want to do it. It does not matter what someone else says or wants.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Far from perfect but it's there.

I'm almost only eating 'clean' foods at the moment so the content is quite good. There isn't enough of it really but I've made massive improvements recently.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Mine is also open. I would also recommend looking at Michi's Ladder. It's a rather good resource for foods to eat and not to eat.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder