Help!

Options
I have to go out for a late dinner tonight for business, and there is nothing healthy on this menu! Can you give me some advice of what sounds the least terrible on here? I'm trying to stay on goal this week every day, and by the time I go out, I'll have about 500 calories left, including a trip to the gym at lunch. And that's me being conservative all day to save calories for this.

http://www.atrias.com/main_menu_general.shtml

Dinner menu pdf

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of healthy options on this menu. If they are large portions just eat half and take the other half home. Eat slow and ask for water with lemon. Enjoy.:drinker:
  • joesan563
    joesan563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MEDITERRANEAN LEMON
    CHICKEN 15.49
    Oven roasted chicken, marinated with
    olive oil, lemon and oregano and served
    with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.

PEPPERED AHI TUNA* 18.99
    Seared, peppered and served rare with cucumber
    salad, pickled ginger, wasabi and Thai dressing.

PAN SEARED MAHI MAHI 18.99
    Fresh Mahi Mahi, pan seared and served with
    pineapple salsa and fresh steamed asparagus. get pineapple salsa on side.

Good luck tonight
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Pan seared MAH MAHI
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of healthy options on this menu. If they are large portions just eat half and take the other half home. Eat slow and ask for water with lemon. Enjoy.:drinker:

^^^This^^^^

You can also try doing the water with lime too. What i usually do when I order is ask for a box up front.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    there are tons of healthy items... many salads... I would go for the salmon salad myself... it should be about 500 calories with only a bit of dressing.... (salmon is about 300 calories for 6 oz, so depending on how big a piece, might be less... most restaurants give a 3-4 oz piece on a salad)
    have fun
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'd get the tuna and ask for the dressing on the side.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would personally go for the seafood or chicken as it's a good source of protein and they have plenty of veggies served with them. Have fun!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I get a little panicky about restaurant food that has no nutrition info. You never know how many actual calories are going into it. And I normally wouldn't stress so much, but I had a really terrible food week last week and I'm trying to stay on track better this week (2 lb gain-eek!).