WOMEN! Any body else an APPLE? (Pic)

Options
Hey,
I just recently realized I am considered an 'apple' body shape; meaning I carry my weight at my core (haha), have thin legs, and barely a butt. I've never been at a healthy weight and I'm curious if anyone else has a similar make up as me. Small frame, apple shape and about 5,7". It would be VERY motivating to see other's results considering I've hit my half way mark and still have a tire for a tummy. I'm now realizing I might have to lower my goal weight because I don't see myself hitting 140 and being where I want to be belly fat-wise. This is me right now at 159, clothes (loose clothes) hide my monsterous belly ;-).

6302748824_3e85d885b5.jpg
Progress1 by BlauKristall, on Flickr

6302749242_b55bf71f3f.jpg
Progress2 by BlauKristall, on Flickr

Anyway, pictures would be VERY motivational tools right now for me and all the other apples on MFP.

Thanks! Happy Losing!

Replies

• queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    :( I'm a pear.
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    Definitely an apple. Have always thought I would have rather had a big butt. lol Your doing good :)
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm also a pear shape. I'm jealous of your legs!

I feel like most people will just say your body kind of chooses where you lose fat from first. Just keep working and eventually you'll get there. Congratulations on all your success so far!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm like... a big apple! haha! I carry my weight around my middle... but I have a large frame so I look really big sometimes lol. My pictures are open on my profile if you want to see them :)
  • kmcw50
    kmcw50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're not alone! I'm an apple too.:grumble:
  • ChicagoJan
    ChicagoJan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi: I'm an apple too. Large frame, but again, smaller legs and butt and lots of belly fat. It's a drag, because not only is it not so gorgeous, but belly fat is a big health risk factor, means we've got a lot of fat around the internal organs, too, which is very bad for health. :(
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    That is totally my body! AND I am 5'7" as well! I don't know how to put pics on here but you can see them on my blog: http://gettingitbacktogether.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-pictures.html

I am 135 in those pictures. For me, the last place the weight leaves is my belly and that is the first place I gain it back. The biggest key for me has been toning exercises. I have been 135 for almost two years but if I let the muscle turn to fat (even though I stay the same weight) my belly starts expanding!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple...and I hate it! I hate the muffin top, it doesn't matter what type of pants I wear I have it. I can't wait to work it all off!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height at you and pretty much the same shape. I'm down 20 lbs. so far and still have a stinkin' belly (it is smaller though :laugh: )!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. But I think apples tend, at a healthy weight, to have the straight/athletic/boy shape because they don't have the hips/waist curve that pears and hourglasses have.

You'll lose the "spare tire." Don't worry. The first place you gain is usually the last place you'll lose.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful!
    Try http://www.mybodygallery.com/ ... you can search for height, weight, and body shape!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    you say your an apple but i see an hour glass...
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple, pic on my profile. It is so frustrating, very hard to shop for! I know the weight will come off of the tummy last, but it is coming off. :)
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am not an apple shape but my mother is and has been skinny all her life until mid 50's now she is battling the middle bulge but a professional told her for her body type to do lots of cardio with two to three sessions of core training. Core training is planks, sit-ups, laying down bicycles, leg lifts, and crunches. try it you will notice a pretty quick change in your mid section. Hope this helps.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    That is totally my body! AND I am 5'7" as well! I don't know how to put pics on here but you can see them on my blog: http://gettingitbacktogether.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-pictures.html

I am 135 in those pictures. For me, the last place the weight leaves is my belly and that is the first place I gain it back. The biggest key for me has been toning exercises. I have been 135 for almost two years but if I let the muscle turn to fat (even though I stay the same weight) my belly starts expanding!

Wow thanks! Yeah, I had a feeling that would be my issue, the belly is the last thing to go and first thing to expand. Meh... I'm thinking us apples are RARE. It seems most pictures women post on here are of Pear and Hourglass.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My girl is a bit of an apple. She's cute despite her no but and so are you.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an apple shape too. I'm 5'4" and 139 right now. I'd like to lose another 10-12lbs and it's ALL in my belly. I'd be pretty happy with myself right now if it wasn't for the belly. It has to start budging soon, right?!?!

eta: I need to find some old pictures and take some progress pictures. I haven't taken any yet.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm an apple. (Sorry no pics to share yet)
    Actually, before I knew about the apple/pear/banana thingy, I used to tell people I was shaped like a peach. But, man, compared to you, I'm a GIANT peach, like James and the Giant Peach - sized.

Anyway, I think you look fantastic. Good job on your success so far and keep going 'til you reach your goal!!
    ~g.mouse
  • pattynava
    Options
    I am also an apple....small legs, huge belly..no butt...Geez, I HATE that! I think I look like a popsicle....small stick ( legs) then it expands (belly) and goes on from there.....:grumble:
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm an apple ~ with smokin hot legs :p I'm working on losing my belly (curses on my belly so that it falls off faster) I'm between 5' 5" an 5' 6" ~ in a size 12 and want to be much smaller. Seriously wish my stomach looks as good as my legs :ohwell:

Oh and I've noticed my collar bones starting to show ~ uumm really ~ if they are showing then thats not where the fat needs to be leaving!! :grumble: