losing weight while working third shift

Options
Is anyone else trying to lose weight while working third shift, my eating patterns are all messed up because of when I sleep, is anyone else going through the same thing?

Replies

• tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to lose weight while working third shift, my eating patterns are all messed up because of when I sleep, is anyone else going through the same thing?
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same issue. But I switch from 2nd to 3rd shift every other week. I just try to log everything under one day, meaning if my first meal is on Monday but the second and third are on Tuesday, everything still gets logged on Monday along with my exercise for the day.

Hope that helps, it's been working out for me fairly well so far! Good luck and keep working at it!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Third shift means midnights? If so, that's why I'm here. You should take a peak at my profile. I now eat on a 24hr clock. I had to expel all eating habits of the last thirty years and start fresh with this site to have success. I eat 0000-2359 now and I eat all day. I also work some days (first shift?) but still remain eating on my new 24 hr clock.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I used to work from 11pm to 7am and found that the only adjusting I had to do was to my mind. It's all the same to your body no matter what time you eat. I ate when I woke up to get ready for work (just like a regular person having breakfast), then in the middle of the night had my lunch, and generally had dinner in the early morning hours. Many people I knew who didn't work these hours found it strange but once they realized that my body was on a different clock schedule than theirs they soon understood that my eating habits were basically no different than theirs. I was actually at my thinnest when I was working these hours, probably due to lack of places open to eat at 3:00 in the morning.
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks at least I know that I'm not the only one working that shift and trying to lose weight,
  • deannabskinny
    deannabskinny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i have just started 3rd shift and was doing great with my gym and eating healthy...been on 3rd for 1 week and thats all changed..i feel myself gaining..not getting to the gym because of my sleeping pattern..it all has to be changed..i also work as waitress 5-7:30 3 nights a week...trying to find a balance..ugh
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have worked third shift in the past, but never while trying to lose weight, or improve my fitness (it was a very manual job, so lots of exercise at the time while working).

I can remember my sugar and caffeine intake were through the roof at the time because I wasn't able to develop good sleeping patterns. Were I in that position again I have to say the posters above me really gave some great advise on ways to transition over.