Shred plus cardio

Hi, so I started the 30 day shred on 10/24 and am doing the plan of 10 days on each level for the next 30 days, no breaks. Since I usually do the shred in the morning I still go to the gym in the evenings 4-5 times a week and do between 30-60 minutes of cardio either on the treadmill or elliptical. Has anyone else followed this plan? I don't feel to worn out or anything but I am wondering that since I technically don't have any rest days if I am doing more harm then good. I do have a bet with a coworker to do the shred straight for 30 days so don't want to take any breaks from that and do have either breaks from cardio or some of the days are even active rest days but just wanted others feedback or experiences, thanks!

Replies

• If you're not feeling tired of sore on the third day, you're not working out hard enough. You're not going to see any changes, and it means your not firing up your metabolism. You either need to use a higher weight on Jillian Michaels, or work harder during your evening cardio. Are you sweating and out of breath? Do you wear a heart rate monitor?
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    This is basically what I'm doing this month. I'm doing 30ds in the AM but I signed up to run a 5k on Thanksgiving so I'm still running about 4x per week.

So far so good but just listen to your body if you really NEED a rest day you'll know it :)
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Im on day 1 of shred plus cardio and the shred got me sweating and more exhausted then cardio ever has! Iv heard you dont lose many lbs with the shred but combined with cardio should I expect a steady loss of 1-2lbs a week still?
  • bump
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    I was sore the first couple days and expect to be sore the first couple days I move on to each level. I don't have a heart rate monitor but do really feel myself working. I'm ok with being sore, I feel like that means what I'm doing is working :) My question was more related to the fact that I am technically not taking any rest days and is that going to be an issue. I know most people do say that a rest day a week is important and while I am not doing both activities daily, I am doing both most days and definitely the shred daily.

ingeh - I am into week 2 however its my TOM which sorry if TMI - but usually means I am up a pound or two. I am however, at the same as before I started so maybe that's a good sign and I will drop after this week.