CAN YOU RECOMMEND A RELIABLE and CONSISTENT HEART RATE MONIT

Options
I need a reliable and consistent HRM that tracks calories burned as well.. The one I just bought and returned would tell me my bpm was 70 when I was going FULL THROTTLE in a workout and then my bpm was 225 when cuddling my baby.. I kept it on a full day the 2nd day I got it to make sure it was on point and clearly it wasn't.. SO .. if you have had great results from yours please share the info because I do not want to waste any funds or time on junk. Thanks! : )

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Polar models are great!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Anything Polar!
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 and my fiancé has a Polar FT7. These both track calories and HR. I have had mine for a little over a year and never had to replace the battery or had any problems with it. Fiancé just got his and loves it, they both seem to be very accurate and easy to use/understand.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I was thinking that too as I used to have one ages ago but lost the transmitter strap.. Will look into that again.:smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7
  • spiffmana
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 yesterday, and I love it. No more guessing at how hard I'm working, or how many calories I'm burning!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Anything Polar!!! I've been using mine for awhile now and I love it!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, Polar is the way to go! Worth every penny!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    agree with everyone else....polar
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! FYI, they're not really intended for all day use though. If you want one that monitors your heart rate all day, check out something like Bodybugg.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Polar... FT7 is what I have, works great!
  • nowornever78
    nowornever78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Polar models are great!

^^^^This =)
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Polar.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Polar.
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I loved my Polar F7, but now my battery is dead and I think it's ridiculous that they expect me to pay $75+ to send it in and get the battery replaced. I'm looking for another HRM that will allow me to change battery myself or at a jeweler.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 --- BUT I wish I had spent just a little more and gotten an FT60 -- you can set your V02 max on that one.

Probably not that big of a deal -- would be curious if anyone went from polar FT4/FT7 - to either FT40/FT60 and noticed a difference in calories burned.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Polar
  • Fit_Britt
    Fit_Britt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch

It's recommended by consumer reports. I have one of these and I love it so much I have bought a few as presents. Works great and only about $40!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P8VWQS
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Absolutely in love my with POLAR FT4.... good brand!!