OPERATION "FAT OFF"

afv417
afv417 Posts: 466 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting at the gym with my best friend today... I broke my foot a year ago and because of my weight my knees have been killing me; anyone had a similar experience? What should I start off with?

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    try it ALL you will soon find what you like best. Have fun!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    I recommend that you start with something that puts lower impact on your knees...like the elliptical and swimming.
  • Start off slowly and easy. The first steps are always difficult. Maybe try a stationary Bike to ease the weight on your legs.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    would definitely reccomend swimming and water activitiies first. very low stress on the joints but a great workout
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Walking. Just walking. Buy in mp3 player, download som song and get moving. As the eight comes off you will be able to do more. Even if your only trying to lose ten lbs. Walk a half hour a day and see what happens to your body and also the way you move.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    For knees...Low impact. Stationary bike, Eliptical, swimming...anything not pounding the "pavement". Having one very bad knee, I HIGHLY suggest adding a Glucosamine suppliment to your diet. I am presently taking 2000mg/day and it has helped out TREMENDOUSLY
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    THANKS EVERYONE!! I was thinking elliptical but wasn't sure how strenuous that woud be. Thanks again!
  • Always glad to help. Good Luck and be careful!!
This discussion has been closed.