Do you track your vitamins/supplements?

Options
I just realized that when I track all of my vitamins and supplements they come out as:
71 calories, 8g carbs, 2g fat, 6g sugar --

Do you track yours? I was a little suprised at how high the stats were just for vitamins...

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I never thought of adding those, nor would I know where to find the info & where to log it in.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do only cause it helps me keep track of when i take them since i take mine 3 times aday, which is at every meal so it helps to see it on my food log so i know i took them!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Personally, I dont.... I ran it by my Endocrinologist who recommended MFP... she is more concerned about actual food being documented... she knows I take my prescriptions and OTC's faithfully...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    only the ones that have cals
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    mine have no calories or anything but i track them just because i want to know everything i put into my body on any given day
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I don't. Even 71 cals isn't enough to matter. I don't log every time I walk a mile doing the school run, or when I am running round the house tidying all day, so I am not going to stress about a few extra cals from vitamins.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    My 3-6-9 Omega oil supplement has 30 calories and my greens 15, so I track those.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I always track even when it ends up being 0 calories.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I always track my supplements.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I take woman's centrum, no cals, but I track it because I don't want to forget to take them.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I enter my just multivitamin because 1) it helps me remember to take it and 2) I track calcium.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Like many others have said I track mine just because it helps me remember what I have taken and what I still need to take for the day. I even added a header for an extra "meal" called vitamins/supplements in my food diary. I have to do three calcium chews a day and they have 20 cals each, but the rest of mine are zero. As far as where to find them I actually searched the database and almost all of the vits/supps I take were already in there.
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you can make a meal category for them too--I have a vitamins one. I was just debating no longer logging them because I've been over just by 15-30 calories on days and I would've been under had I not logged my fish oil pills. then again, I like how it helps track my vitamins and reminds me to take them.

also--quick add: copy from yesterday is a super fast way to log em once you've done it once!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I just created a recipe for my supplements and added them all in. I found everything I take was already in the database so it's really easy to add every day.

I don't track them to remember them -- I have noproblem remembering -- my phone has a reminder. I track them because they are calories/carbs/fat.

I changed my diary settings to the following:
    7a - 10a
    10a - 1p
    1p - 4p
    4p - 8p
    After 8p
    Vitamins/Other

I'm glad to see others do track them... I'm do it because all those little "extras" people tend to ignore really add up by the end of the day. Since people track a wedge of laughing cow cheese at 35 or 50 calories, It makes sense to track vitamins -- calories are calories!