Veggies VS Fruits..

Options
Do we NEED both?

I love veggies, but fruits not so much ( yes I know, weird). I eat veggies every single day, haven't had a fruit in months, my question is, do we really need both??

Replies

• thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I suppose its all about balance. Im the opposite to you. I hate vegetables and love fruit and rarely eat them both equally. I suppose if they have the same nutritional value then its fine. :)
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    Very simple question on this, how do you feel?

If you are taking a supplement to gain the vitamin C and other things you need from fruit then I don't see an issue. As long as you still feel full of energy and you aren't having problems I wouldn't worry about it.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Very simple question on this, how do you feel?

If you are taking a supplement to gain the vitamin C and other things you need from fruit then I don't see an issue. As long as you still feel full of energy and you aren't having problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes I take my vitamins everyday :-)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i go through phases where fruit and veg are concerned. as i posted in another topic, in the summer months i am good but in the winter months, i struggle to maintain the 5 a day. it just does not taste the same.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    In terms of overall health, yes, you need both.