New start to an old tune

Options
This is my first time using MyFitnessPal and my first time actually keeping track of calories...altho I've kept track of other things in the past, like carbs. Nothing ever seemed to "stick". A friend of mine started using MFP, and she's lost 30 lbs so far...so I thought I'd give this a try. Actually, I'm very aware that nothing will work if I don't go into it with determination and good old fashioned self-discipline. So here goes....its the same old tune, this weight-loss thing...but this is definitely a new start, with a new attitude. :smile:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    nice first post. welcome and good luck to you. check out my will power blog below for assistance with the mental part of this journey.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My motto for the day seems to be "The only way to FINISH something is to START it" Whether you start once or one hundred times, it is THAT start that gets you onto the right path of completion!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Trust me if I can do this anyone can!!! I love this site been here for over 70 days and lost 16 lbs so far! Been on every diet known to mankind, this is by far the easiest to follow I dont even consider this a diet!! I love the way it tracks everything for me, even my exercise, it allows you extra calories if you do exercise and thats what keeps me going! So before you throw in the towel give MFP a whirl!!!! Im in no hurry to lose the weight Im just so happy to get to a place where I now have self control and the power of what goes in my mouth!!! I wish you luck!!! This is a good site for moral support! Friend me if you'd like! Geri :smile: