Favorite equipement at the gym?

Options
I've started to notice that I do much better on a particular treadmill, one special elliptical, and one of the bikes, even though there are other ones exactly the same right next to them. Just wondering if anyone else has a favorite, and why. Silly thread, but hey, I'm feeling chatty :)

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have a favorite stationary bike...it's right in the middle of the room, so I can see all 4 tvs =)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I like the Elliptical.

Edit: Oh, you meant which specific equipment? Not really, no. I just pick the closest available elliptical and use that one.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The door....

Seriously, I have a stationary bike at home plus I walk and hike so I don't go to a gym. I do strength training with a dvd and my weights.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I like the Elliptical.

Edit: Oh, you meant which specific equipment? Not really, no. I just pick the closest available elliptical and use that one.

Same here!
  • lrod2323
    Options
    My fav is a specific stepmaster that is closest to the wall on the side of me and in the back. I like being around the perimeter of the room, cant be in the middle or with anyone behind me. lol I know..weird
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    For me its because of the positions of the mirrors and tellys and close to the bathroom too! So i can jump on and off through a long workout for a quick pee without it resetting! haha!
  • debswebby
    Options
    Yep :smile: The fourth elliptical along is my favourite. Its the easiest one to power. The first one is nearly impossible :smile:
  • AOKnight
    Options
    This is SO TRUE! I have noticed that I have one favorite elliptical machine and try to use it every time. My favorite is right by the TV and fan to cool off- It's funny that there is a difference and whatever motivates you works!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i like the treadmill by the windows so i can watch the retardfest that goes on in the parking lot...seems like driving is a huge challenge for some people.

all but 1 stationary bike rock...and i know which one doesnt.

and i like one particular elliptical cause i can see the tv the best from that one.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC Trainer!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical in the back half of the gym, because there are no others with it and I can really focus on what I'm doing, instead of being distracted by everyone else. I think the treadmill I aim for is between two fans, I don't overheat nearly as fast on it which is amazing. And the bike is tucked into a corner, so I don't feel like a slacker for chilling out reading my kindle and going at a moderate pace while everyone else is busting *kitten*.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Olympic bar . . . I feel very "grrr" when working with it.
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC Trainer!!

Me too!! I always go to the one next to the garbage so I can throw my gum away when I am done! ;-)
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    I love the ARC Trainer!!

Me too!! I always go to the one next to the garbage so I can throw my gum away when I am done! ;-)

You chew gum while you work out? I don't think I have the coordination for that, I'd end up biting my tongue off Lols!
    I'm going to have to give the ARC trainer a try next time I go :)
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love the ARC Trainer!!

You chew gum while you work out? I don't think I have the coordination for that, I'd end up biting my tongue off Lols!
    I'm going to have to give the ARC trainer a try next time I go :)

I HAVE to chew gum....I get very disappointed when I forget to bring a piece with me! lol It keeps me going to finish my 60mins. :o)
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    When I do go to the gym, I always get on the elliptical 3rd from the door. It's located right underneath the ceiling fan :bigsmile:
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I found an elliptical type machine yesterday that had a fan that blew on you while you worked out. It was amazing and I don't think I can go back to any other cardio machine after that. There were only about a dozen of those so I suppose that kind of limits it down to a specific favorite.
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    I found an elliptical type machine yesterday that had a fan that blew on you while you worked out. It was amazing and I don't think I can go back to any other cardio machine after that. There were only about a dozen of those so I suppose that kind of limits it down to a specific favorite.

I love the ones with the fans! That's a lot of the reason I go for the stationary bike that I do, that fan blowing in my face for 25 minutes is my reward for getting the running or elliptical done.