New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to this calorie counting, but want to drop 5-10 pounds by the holidays, just hoping this will keep me motivated with the ladies I work with. also, it would be nice for my husband to get motivated as well. Feel free to say 'hey' or start a challenge with me! By the way, has anyone here tried Jillian Michaels' 7 day water trick diet?

Thanks,
Amy

Replies

• egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome. MFP has been wonderful for me. Working out was not my problem, it was eating too much. I did not realize how many calories I was consuming in a day until I started using the calorie counter. It has done wonders for me. Also, knowing that everyone can see what you're doing makes me want to do the right things, as far as eating and exercising are concerned. With consistency and dedication you will be able to make your holiday goal. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome. MFP has been wonderful for me. Working out was not my problem, it was eating too much. I did not realize how many calories I was consuming in a day until I started using the calorie counter. It has done wonders for me. Also, knowing that everyone can see what you're doing makes me want to do the right things, as far as eating and exercising are concerned. With consistency and dedication you will be able to make your holiday goal. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

This is EXACTLY what I realized as well! The smart phone app is a HUGE help for me to not go overboard.
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome!