November Challenge - 30 Day Shred! - Starting today!!

Options
Hey guys
Today is November 1st and there are so many challenges out there and so many people want to be apart of one.
I am starting one since it is the 1st of November.
Its Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred.
Who is up for doing it with me?
If I get enough people to join, I can start a blog and we can comment it daily and motivate each other.
If you want to join, let me know, add me and Ill get it all rolling.
I just completed my 30 day challenge for today.
Let do this people, we all want to lose weight by the New Yr!

Replies

• jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hey im a bit late starting but ill do it:) i received my dvd in the mail just the other day:)

is the dvd designed to be done daily or is it a 3x per week thing?

exciting!

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • NicoleSix
    Options
    Hey! I just signed up today and I'd love a little extra motivation! - I'm in!:happy:
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    sounds like a plan to me. Although i do not have a Shred DVD so that could pose a problem! oh darn, looks like I will have to go shopping tonight! LOL so count me in and we will see how many pounds we can shred.......
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to do it 6 days a week, and one day off, usually Sunday.
    I think the more often for me, the better the results I will see!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Hey! I just signed up today and I'd love a little extra motivation! - I'm in!:happy:
    welcome to MFP!! Hope you find lots of motivation on this site to help you.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it also :)
  • jessicaram2011
    jessicaram2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ill do it, im on day 5 level 1 or of the 30day shred. Soanyways are you doing it everyday or just a few days during the week??
  • myahankel
    Options
    I am IN! I was planning on starting today. I have heard I will be hating Jillian!
  • myahankel
    Options
    I will Shred unless I go to the Y! I don't think I will shred on the days I spin.
  • book_worm4
    Options
    I'm in too! How would you log it as exercise on here?
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm in too! How would you log it as exercise on here?

Most folks who have done it use 'Circuit training - general'. Of course, if you have your own heart rate monitor (HRM) you can create your own exercise in your journal and input the calories burned from your monitor.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    I started yesterday which was Nov 1 here :laugh: time zone advantage.
    Level 1 Day 1 done
    About to do Day 2.

I have done this twice before and it has always taken me a lot longer than the 30 days :blushing: sometimes closer to 50. Reasons being, too sore and needed to rest and also some days there was just no time. But this time I hope to do way better.

I love the way it makes me feel.
  • eepetrik
    Options
    New to the site tonight, going to go by my DVD! I'm in! I already ran today, does that count? So excited to have some extra motivation!
  • kristina326
    Options
    I'm new to the site, but I started the 30 Day Shred today! it was tough to get through but I feel great!! :)
  • cemummy
    cemummy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    count me in :) i did day 2 level 1 of the 30DS this morning and gosh do my thighs hurt!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in too... Day 5 today for me - SWORE AT JILLIAN TODAY!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 DAY 2 = 173 CALORIES BURNED :laugh:

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME AT DOING A JM30DS CHALLENGE AND I HOPE NO ONE MINDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER UP SOME TIPS I HAVE LEARNT ALONG THE WAY. FIRSTLY I AM 51yo AND NOT AT ALL WOULD I CONSIDER MYSELF FIT, I CURRENTLY WEIGH 94KG (207LBS). SO GET THE PICTURE I AM OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, FATTER AND LAZIER SO MAYBE SOME OF THIS ADVICE WONT APPLY TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM NO EXPERT SO THIS IS JUST ADVICE FROM MY OBSERVATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

1. Do not be discouraged its harder than you think.
    2. If need to modify, modify, modify, otherwise you may give up.
    3. Do it at half pace if you need too.
    4. Jog on spot for jump rope if you have bad knees.
    4. Use light weights to begin with, and even none for side lunges or only every 2nd day.
    5. Have a towel folded ready to go under your knees for push ups.
    6. Bicycle crunches, I had to slowly build up did 5 then regular crunches.
    7. If needed take a rest day.
    8. Take measurements as well as weight at start.

Hope this helps someone. I have too often seen so many get discouraged. If you need to take more than one rest day do so, listen to your body. You will still get benefit from how any little you do. Congrat yourself for every little step.

I can't say I recorded large weight loss or measurements during my past 2 go's at this, but there was some, Biggest Bonus of all I felt STRONGER.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES ALONG THE WAY.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK everyone!

hopefully we can all do it together, and on the days its really hard we will have to push each other through it!

wohoo

xx
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a part of this challenge. I was planning on doing it this month already...but would be great to have supporters. I have attempted this before and just have a tough time following thru. I did D1L1 last night. I am also either walking or running 5 miles a night and doing daily mini challenges. I need support to get thru this month. I already know that I will miss 2 days of it due to being away at deer camp for the next two weekends. Let's support each other!!!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Im a day late but count me in too :happy: would love the support!!