Do you feel

Options
like you need to exercise again later? I usually do I don't know if it's because I like to or if it's just something to do rather than sit and do nothing. I would love to go for another 45 mins of treadmill fast walking but then I have to eat those calories too and as it is it's really hard for me to eat the calories I have. Know what I mean?:blushing:

Replies

• kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with exercising twice a day, and why do you have to eat all the calories back?

I know - MFP already accounts for your needed deficit in what it calculates, so you are supposed to eat those calories back (and I usually do).

However, if you are not hungry, don't force yourself to eat those calories - or at least not all of them. There is also no requirement that you eat them all back at once - spread them out throughout the day if you need.

I usually recommend eating about 1/2 of them back, then see what your body tells you. If you are still hungry, eat more - if not, call it good.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    but then I have to eat those calories too and as it is it's really hard for me to eat the calories I have. Know what I mean?:blushing:

Do not feel you HAVE to eat those calories, you don't! That is a myth that everyone on this site goes by, yes it's OK to eat them if you are hungry, but ultimately listen to your body if your hungry eat some back, if your not than don't!

I never eat my exercise calories back, and I've consistently lost. There are days I burn my calorie intake, there is no way I will eat another days worth of food just because this site says I should.
  • SandyCurrier
    Options
    Thank you for this question and this answer =) I was just sitting here wondering the very same thing. I love to work out, and the more I do it, the more I want to. In the past (when I was fit) I'd do it til I hit that 'high', kind of like what runners get..and ease on down from there.
    Your reply was very helpful on eating back the calories but..Im never hungry anymore..I hope that is a good thing!
  • Leviram
    Options
    We need one of those like buttons for the answers we like. Thanks again! I like that I can always count on MFP peeps!