I'm with the band... Lapband.

ChristinaRealize
ChristinaRealize Posts: 6
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, My name is Christina. I just came across my fitness pal. This is amazing! I was using WW online, but this is better and it's FREE!!

Looking to meet fellow banders.. I was banded November 2010. I've lost 90lbs. Slow and steady. I have had a few complications with my band.. But i wouldn't change it for the world.

Feel free to add me, I'd love to see how everyone's WL journey is going.

Replies

• I want to ask my Dr. about lapband, but I'm not sure I'm overweight enough to qualify. Did you have to go on a diet before you were approved for it and did your insurance pay good?
  • Depending on your Dr and Insurance, you do have a preop diet. Your Dr will do the test. I think if your BMI is above 35 or 40 you are a candidate. If you have any questions, let me know..
  • I had the lapband done in 2005 but then had so many complications from it, I had it removed in Sept 2010. I lost 100 pounds with the band the first year and that was it. The band didnt work anymore. Then in Jan 2010 I joined Weight Watchers and lost 40 more (some of that was a gain over the years) Then after the band I went on a Cruise and totally threw portion control out the window until July 2011 (when I joined MFP) in which I have lost 24 of the 25 pounds I gained since the Cruise.
    This all sounds rather confusing - even to me!! haha
    Anyways, I don't ever regret getting the band as it helped with the major chunk of the weight loss but I worked with that tool. Many people I know abused the tool and never lost a thing. (in fact gained!)
    I definately don't regret getting it removed because of all the complications I had.
    Whew - long winded!
    I just want to say good luck to you.
    Use your tool (lapband) and MFP and you'll do great!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    I was banded in April this year and have lost one-third of my body weight - 50kg. The dreaded charts say I should weigh around 70 - 75kg hut I think I will be most comfortable and able to maintain around 85 - 90 so that is what I am aiming for.

welcome to MFP and be sure to checkout the lap band group on here.
This discussion has been closed.