10 down by Christmas (CLOSED) TEAM BALBOA aka team 1

Options
ADDDDDRRRRRIIAAAAANNN!!!!!
*cough ahem*

HI TEAM 1 !!!! I'M SO EXCITED YAY HURRAH WOOOO (ahem I shout when I get over excited :laugh: )

So I thought Balboa was a fitting name for our team. Balboa as in Rocky Balboa as in the films Rocky :laugh: Don't you just want to run up and down a load of steps and eat raw eggs and wear a headband?! WE SHOULD ALL GET MATCHING HEADBANDS!!!! :laugh: ok if you haven't seen the rocky films, rent now :wink: you can do sit ups while you watch it

Well we are off and started on our way to being 10 lbs lighter ( and maybe more but lets not dwell on that 10lbs is great for now :happy: ) So Team 1 how are you guys all doing???? Fill me in ??? What's the story ???? :flowerforyou:

oh oh and I almost forgot :huh: what am I like !!! Haha Intros.

Your intros, lets have 'em

Julie

Replies

• Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    HEY! I'm really glad we have this now, I find it hard to keep up with the ever-changing thread for the WHOLE challenge! Well, I'm Nikki, I'm 23, and I'm currently in my last year of a Bachelor of music. I joined MFP around mid-May, after a really awful semester where I gained about ten pounds. Since high school (I graduated in 2007), I've gained about 20 pounds, maybe more, but I've already lost 12 of that 20! Now that there's only a month left of the semester, I'm finding it really hard to keep going with the gym and healthy eating, but I'm still sticking with it!! (I might just sneak in some snacks here and there). Hmmm, I'm not sure what else to say, but I'm excited to meet you all!
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    *huffing and puffing* stairs

lol
    Well I am Norma, 44 years old, have a 19 year old son, finishing up my bachlors in healthcare and starting on my masters. I work for Walt Disney World here in sunny Florida. I am one of their chemists so I take care of their water and pools for two of their resorts. I have been struggling with weight all of my life but after having shoulder surgery I was not able to move for a couple of months and I ate only comfort foods gained a ton of weight back.

Really excited about this challenge, it is a lot of fun and supportive. It is great to just have a fixed goal in mind by a date with others.

woohoo go TEAM BALBOA .....*ok who has the elevator to get me down the stairs* LOL

Norma :)
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki pleased to meet you :flowerforyou:

I'm Julie, I'm 26 and I've had MFP since early this year but I've only really been using it since Summer. I've never struggled with my weight before now. I have one of those annoying autoimmune conditions. And unfortunately the drug of choice for treating it is the dreaded steroid:devil: The main side affect of steroids is weight gain. I didn't realise I'd put on a couple pounds at first and then after a while when I bent over I started ripping clothes :laugh: After the third skirt bit the dust I got suspicious that maybe it wasn't just shoddy workmanship. So I invested in a scales. Unfortunately this scales was broken it said I was 185lbs so I went out bought another scales and this one was broken too it said I weighed 187lbs. :noway: haha then after getting my friend to test the scales realised the scales weren't the problem :laugh: Anyways Once I saw 190 on the scales I stopped looking for a while and did nothing about it. Then one day I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it so I started working away at it (I didn't use the scales for a while so I don't know what my start weight was I'm totally ignorant but well over 190 anyway) After about 2 months of working my *kitten* off I hopped on and saw 182 I thought hmm I have that app on my phone that I've forgotten about. And so I started using MFP with 46lbs to lose to get me back to where I was :smile:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    *huffing and puffing* stairs

lol
    Well I am Norma, 44 years old, have a 19 year old son, finishing up my bachlors in healthcare and starting on my masters. I work for Walt Disney World here in sunny Florida. I am one of their chemists so I take care of their water and pools for two of their resorts. I have been struggling with weight all of my life but after having shoulder surgery I was not able to move for a couple of months and I ate only comfort foods gained a ton of weight back.

Really excited about this challenge, it is a lot of fun and supportive. It is great to just have a fixed goal in mind by a date with others.

woohoo go TEAM BALBOA .....*ok who has the elevator to get me down the stairs* LOL

:laugh: Elevators broken!!! :wink:

btw Hi Norma :flowerforyou:
  • norma67
    Options

:laugh: Elevators broken!!! :wink:

btw Hi Norma :flowerforyou:

Hello Nikki and Hello Julie,:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

WHAT broken????? :noway: oh well .....one step at a time LOL :laugh:
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Yay! Our own thread...I was having a hard time keeping track of our TEAM 1 buddies. Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 27 and finishing up my PhD in Kinesiology (almost a decade of university, wow i just realized how long I have been here), I have a 11 month old baby boy, I grew up as the big kid, was picked on for being fat, but I was always able to hide behind my sports. I excelled at football, hockey and wrestling where my size was an advantage. Now that my athletic career is over due to injuries, my terrible eating habits caught up to me. As a kinesiologist I shoudl know better, I am educated in the healthy living, physical activity, exercise and nutrition, I just never practiced what I preached. The birth of my son sparked me to get my butt in gear. I was on MFP for a while but when summer hit and I was landscaping rather than being in school full time, i stopped tracking my foods and exercise. Last week I got back onto MFP and have started to move forward again!

look forward to competing with you all

FD
  • HayleyDavison1
    HayleyDavison1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Morning TEAM BALBOA! Im Hayley :)! Not Harley ;P I have loads & loads of excuses for gaining too much weight & having a beer belly! Im not gonna make you sit & read them all .. booooring! So here is to loosing 10lbs before christmas & the rest after!! :D All I know is im sick of telling myself that Im going to change & become healthier, then not!
    Your all doing so well & Im so grateful for all your support :D
    NOW LETS GET MOOOVING!
  • nwiltse2
    nwiltse2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Morning! I am Nicole and I am 27. I started gaining my weight when I got married. I have a problem with portition control and a husband who loves dessert. I am ready to start dropping the weight.
  • fitrunnermd
    Options
    Morning Everyone! I'm Rhandi and I'm 35. I have been battling my weight since college when I gain 50 lbs over the course of 4 years!! I didn' t do much about it then cause I figured hey I don't look too bad at 175 I grew a little in college so this is just me finishing my growing (in my opinion). But then the weight didnt stop and it eventual went up to 208 (or at least that was the highest weight I had recorded)! I was in a wedding and when I saw those pictues I was in shock over how I looked. Pictures really don't lie. I started exerciseing and even started jogging (I did C25K). I dropped down to my graduation wieght of 175 and was happy. So happy I stopped doing all the good things that got me there and the weight started creeping back again. Next came grad school and excuses on top of excuses as to why I couldn't workout or eat right. so I bounced around in the 180's for a few years and then I stopped completely and edged back up and over 200 lbs again. I even saw 209 on the scale! ugh!! At that point plus adding some weight related health issues (hight blood pressure and diabetes) I knew I needed to make a change and stick to it from now on. So when a friend told me about MFP I decided to take a look and see if it could help me stay on track and here I am. So far the little that I have lost was enough to take me off all my meds (it's amazing how a little change can make a huge differnece) and my diabetes is almost non-existent. So now I am motivated to keep going. Losing 10 lbs (or more) by Christmas would be a great gift. It's not just about looking good any more.
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Morning TEAM BALBOA! Im Hayley :)! Not Harley ;P

^^^^^^
    bahahaha I knew you wouldn't let me away with that :tongue:

yay so excited to meet all our members!!!!

Well Team Balboa IT'S ON!!!! a little bit excited about weigh in day Friday hahaha is that a bit weird?! I had such a busy day I completely missed lunch and then I walked through a bakery and past the tiny donut shop AND I was starving but I didn't fall victim to either. I bought a cereal bar on the go and then headed home asap for healthy options :smile: hurrah
  • norma67
    Options
    Oh you are stronger then me, I have been running all day, this is the first chance I have had to sit down all day. I passed a donut at lunch time and I grabbed it. I figured I need the calories to least keep my stomach from attacking something worse lol

wooohooo tomorrow mornings weigh in is going to be awesome.
    We will lose to win hehehehe :laugh:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Hi LADIES!!!!

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet.. I'm having a bit of a crazy week.
    My name is Sam... I'm 24, quirky, in a relationship with the best guy ever, fat, motivated to lose the fat, a designer that wants to be an art director, and a braai-lover.
    And i'm super excited to be on this journey with all you wonderful people.
    I don't know these pound measurements.. We work in kg's in South Africa - so I'm constantly having to go to a converter website.. heehee.. And I'm trying to keep up with our little mini challenge.. somewhat succeeding but like I said hectic week - so haven't been getting all my exercise in.

LETS KEEP IT UP GIRLS (are we all girls?)
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi LADIES!!!!

Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet.. I'm having a bit of a crazy week.
    My name is Sam... I'm 24, quirky, in a relationship with the best guy ever, fat, motivated to lose the fat, a designer that wants to be an art director, and a braai-lover.
    And i'm super excited to be on this journey with all you wonderful people.
    I don't know these pound measurements.. We work in kg's in South Africa - so I'm constantly having to go to a converter website.. heehee.. And I'm trying to keep up with our little mini challenge.. somewhat succeeding but like I said hectic week - so haven't been getting all my exercise in.

LETS KEEP IT UP GIRLS (are we all girls?)

Ladies? what about me?
  • norma67
    Options
    [/quote]

Ladies? what about me?
    [/quote]

oh we could never forget you :)
    you are the man surrounded by all of us lovely ladies :)
    and we are going to win this challenge
    go go go TEAM Balboa !!!!!!!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    ^What Norma said.
    We could never forget about you! :flowerforyou:diaryoffatdad.ok we're gonna need an abbreviation there hehe.

Now so Team 1 week 1 is done!!!!!

Great work everyone can't wait for tommorrow! The newsfeed is abuzzing with activity. Everyone has been working so hard and it is gonna pay off. We will smash this challenge!!!!!!!!!
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Good morning Team 1! What a great first week!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    We are ROCKYing this challenge :laugh: Have you guys seen the spreadsheet we're nearly al logged for our team and IT IS BRILLIANT! well done everyone! These are some amazing results! And a big pat on the back for DOFD who has logged a 7lb loss That is incredible!!! Looks like DOFD is the winner of our team challenge this week!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fitrunnermd
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! Looks liek we are doing awesome. Congrats DOFD on your weightloss this week. Team Balboa will OWN this challenge by Christmas!! :happy:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    TEAM 1 RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

Well done everybody we are the first team to have all our numbers in :drinker:

Ok so total loss is -24.3 lbs and that's -1.29% against combined bodyweight!!!!

THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE RESULT FOR WEEK 1 EVERYBODY DO YOUR VICTORY DANCE :drinker:

I'm so proud and so happy yaaaaaay