weight after exercise

Options
i HATE HATE HATE the fact that exercising makes me put on weight in the short term! i guess its cos my muscles are recovering and full of water or whatever, but it's so annoying :( anyone else get this?

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself after working out and don't find myself much heavier. Maybe I need to drink more water during. But a hour after my workout, I start peeing like a madman. I'm pretty light after my workouts. Probably because I'm partly dehydrated. I usually do about 30min of cardio right after my lifiting sessions.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    it is very annoying...that is why it is best NOT to weigh yourself after you workout!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    lol i stopped weighing myself everytime i finish my workout.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And this is why focusing on the scale is bad. :smile: Take photos, take measurements. Stay off the scale if it bothers you.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I actually find that I weigh less after I workout.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after a big dump. Is that bad?
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Solution: Don't weight yourself after exercise?

Edit: Sorry, I don't want to come off as a jerk (which I'm pretty sure I did). It's not "real" weight gain, so you should stay off the scale and ignore the temporary gain. Your body will fluctuate daily up to 2-3 pounds depending on what's going on, so you shouldn't let the scale get you down and focus on the long-term goals.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I weigh myself after a big dump. Is that bad?

I had a friend that did that all the time...before and after...just for amusement though :P