wanna get drunk?

Options

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I drink what I want to drink. If I go over one day, oh well. One day isn't going to wreck everything.
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    As long as this is not an every day occurrence, it really is not that hard to plan for. Remember, in all things practice moderation :flowerforyou:

For special occasions, I give myself the day off and just don't worry about it. Mind you, I said 'day', not weekend, or week, lol!

Generally, that means I will decrease my calories for the week preceding a tad, fire up the workouts a bit, then just have a good time. You have to be able to enjoy your life, it is not reasonable to do otherwise. These things will come up as you move forward toward your goal, planning for them is a much better approach that denying them, in my opinion. :drinker:

Good luck!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Search the posts for "Like Minded Lushes"-- you'll find plenty of folks out there who are making the occasional drink / parety night part of their successful MFP plan.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    quit drinking

Is it really worth the added calories? Moderation is key with everything...
  • JamieSK
    Options
    quit drinking

• JamieSK
    Options
    quit drinking

• kristivahl
    kristivahl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I either do tequilla shots (no sugary mixer required) or wine... it only takes about 2-3 glasses of wine to get me a little tipsy and that is only like 350 to 500 calories, depending on the type of wine, so it works. Also, cutting back is good because you consume less calories during the week and lower your tolerance for the "weekends" so you don't have to drink quite as much to feel good... lol ...GOOD LUCK!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a different kind of thread...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I drink what I want to drink. If I go over one day, oh well. One day isn't going to wreck everything.

This.

Get a run in first. And stop drinking jager. Bleck. Vodka Tonics/G&Ts are much better.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    by volume, Everclear is the best way to get drunk with the fewest calories. Be careful:
    1)it tastes awful, but ok when mixed with something.
    2)it's INCREDIBLY potent, dont go shot for shot with it.
    3) a lot of bars don't carry it.
    4) IT'S INCREDIBLY POTENT, be careful.

EDIT: (yes, it was worth repeating)
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It depends! People may disagree with me, but I think there's a lot you can do to still drink. Try lower calorie drinks (a shot of liquor mixed with seltzer water and lime, say), increase your exercise (especially on a night you plan on drinking! I've always found I get drunk a little more easily if I'm drinking shortly after a work out - which I think is also when we burn more calories, so, double effective!), eat a little lighter whatever days you do plan on drinking more than one beer or one glass of wine etc...and there are proven health benefits to the occasional glass of red wine! Stay away from drunchies (I always get hungry when I'm drunk! And obviously it's way harder to say no...), don't fill up beforehand (it'll take more alcohol to get you drunk, and you won't burn off what you've eaten as effectively when you're drinking), try not to binge drink, and stay away from the HUGELY calorific things, like giant frozen margaritas (although even these you can make healthier when you're whipping them up at home...but watch out for restaurant versions! I'm pretty sure they run anywhere from 300-600 cals a serving, depending on the size/what exactly is going into them!). Good luck!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You can't really drink much while "dieting" and stick to that calorie deficit. The most you can do is like others have said and have one or two "skinny" drinks. Once you get to weight and start maintenance mode, you'll gain back 450-900 Cal/day, depending on how quick you've set your weight loss. You could theoretically then eat the same way you've been eating and add those Cals as alcohol.

Generally, though, make it an occasional thing and you can still live a healthy lifestyle.
  • daveytrouble
    Options
    does anyone else struggle with what? alcoholism? ya..i struggle with that.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I love jager bombs. They are my happy drink of choice.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I exercise more on days im gonna be drinking,and some days i just dont care.
    Or I drink low calorie mixed drinks like rum & diet coke
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often but when I do I:

1) Make sure it's only vodka and diet coke (50-60 cals a drink)

2) Have the alcohol instead of dinner (this has the added bonus of making you drunk faster due to lack of food meaning you drink less and consume fewer calories)
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic
    vodka and a splash of pomegranate (just a splash)
    Soju shots, or soju with a splash of pomegranate or blueberry
    Vodka Gimlet.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    i drink the 55 beer. put in the freezer for a bit to get super cold. i have heard comments that it isn't good here before but i think it is good and even better when it's been in the freezer like i said.

That's because cold masks the flavor. If a beer tastes crappy near room temperature, then it's crappy beer. A good beer still tastes great even after it warms up, in fact a really good beer tastes better after it warms up. 55 calorie beer is like skim milk, it's essentially colored water.:tongue::drinker:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

This.

Get a run in first. And stop drinking jager. Bleck. Vodka Tonics/G&Ts are much better.
    This and this. You only drink Jager if you have a fondness for cough medicine. Stick with the standards. Vodka, tequila, gin, wine.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic.