Lifeless, bored, and i hate my family.

Options
SO mean my mom is obsessed with my older sister leaving me in the corner... i have no friends they're in another country and the ones hear have school and are busy i am not enrolled yet at the university , i eat like a pig because i'm at home 24/5 at least! imagine someone without any projects... homework or friends and fights with family? my life sucks i cant take it I DO NOTHING i wish i can join a team to do somethng useful and have support uughh my friends dont connect because they;re busy i would do the same if i were them at some point :(
have any tips to change what i am?!!!! i hate my self i only watch things i don't do anyhing in my liffe at the moment it's being wasted and im 18 SUPPOSEDLY YOUNG AND ACTIVE :( i have ambitions and can achieve.. NOTHING

edit: i graduated school i'm >18 :) FYI.
edit 2: i know life isn;t bad i;m better than some and some are better than me but i need ideas i hate the fact that i put things in my mind but never achieve it sucks ddid you ever go through this? not just weightloss things in general and did you ever have obstacles like transportation or family or whatever

EDIT 3 FOR plunder bunneh: DID YOU GO THROUGH THIS ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO CHANGE THIS STATE? to emphasize and summarize :)

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hm. Maybe start taking walks? Learn the area.

Editted after you editted to add actual questions, instead of just b*tchin about how bad you think your life is.
  • Ok I'm just gonna say this. I'm sorry you're having problems but we've all gone through those kinda things. Try having a more positive attitude. I promise your life isn't as bad as you think it is hun.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ah yes, i remember those years i high school when it felt like everything was against you and that's when i turned to cooking as my outlet. i started making fatty delicious things like ribs and fried chicken n what not but after i gained like 35 lbs, i decided to start making healthier options like skinless baked chicken and mucho salad. i eventually got those lbs off and felt much better. my mom is still a pain in my *kitten* but now that im 30, it doesnt bother me so much. the older you get, the less you will stress...good luck til then
  • someonelikemyself
    Options

Editted after you editted to add actual questions, instead of just b*tchin about how bad you think your life is.

i do take walks HA! 40 minute walks walks are not enough if you do nothing other than walk,eat,and sleep of course you wouldn't know.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

i do take walks HA! 40 minute walks walks are not enough if you do nothing other than walk,eat,and sleep of course you wouldn't know.
    "of course you wouldn't know"? if you want help, best consider changing your attitude.
  • jule_sea
    Options
    You are the only person responsible for your life, if you don't like it, change it. Getting upset about it does nothing. Start running, start walking, take up ice skating, become a nanny, there are a million things to try in this life, just remember that you are the only one responsible if you do none of them.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    hmm i DO COOK haha but healthy things except i don;t think i can develop more than this without classes you know? interesting and exactly this is like high school but i really thought i'd get rid of that when i graduate from it lol
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel so badly. I'm not sure how old you are, but you may need to find an activity or sport you can join. That might help you with finding some friends.

I'm sorry, too, that your mom treats you that way. That's not right, but I'm not sure what to tell you to do about it. Just know that no matter how your mom treats you, you are important and have things you can contribute to the world. Find a way to give back to your community (volunteer at an animal shelter or soup kitchen or other service organization).

Good luck! Remember, too, you always have all of us here at MFP!
  • someonelikemyself
    Options

"of course you wouldn't know"? if you want help, best consider changing your attitude.

" instead of just b*tchin about how bad you think your life is." doesnt sound so so nice to me and i meant it casually she would have things to do i bet! because i had that attitude of hers when i used to have a life lol
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    You are the only person responsible for your life, if you don't like it, change it. Getting upset about it does nothing. Start running, start walking, take up ice skating, become a nanny, there are a million things to try in this life, just remember that you are the only one responsible if you do none of them.

i so believe in this!!! i used to even say the first sentence you mentioned,, the thing is ive been searching for jobs with no luck the country i live in doesnt really have teams (spiorts) and so i will search i don't know i'm not asking a question here its just that i thought id come across someone that went through this and hear what he/she has to say
    thanks!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but i have no sympathy for people who are consumed in their own pity party. Everything I have ever wanted, I went out and got it. It took time, effort, and energy, but eventually my goal was accomplished, and I felt great about myself. If you really wanted to do something, you would. Period. End of story.
    But it is faaarrrr easier, and seemingly better, to go onto a website to seek sympathy, and then turn your nose at the first attempt of encouragement. It would be one thing if you took the advice offered to you with a positive heart, but it is entirely different when you start acting like someone owes you a good time.
    No, No. . . I totally and completely understand your reasoning. . . .
    you can continue playing the violin now. . . .
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel so badly. I'm not sure how old you are, but you may need to find an activity or sport you can join. That might help you with finding some friends.

I'm sorry, too, that your mom treats you that way. That's not right, but I'm not sure what to tell you to do about it. Just know that no matter how your mom treats you, you are important and have things you can contribute to the world. Find a way to give back to your community (volunteer at an animal shelter or soup kitchen or other service organization).

Good luck! Remember, too, you always have all of us here at MFP!

she is a sweet person but i can see who she likes more. I am trying so hard to find a team thats why i gave this gave up speech up there i can't find anything to do!! i tried volunteering and failed because i didnt have transportation thanks for reminding me i should look more!!! :)!!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Where are you from? Are there language/cultural barriers? Maybe you could seek out a group of people from your home town/country/etc.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but i have no sympathy for people who are consumed in their own pity party. Everything I have ever wanted, I went out and got it. It took time, effort, and energy, but eventually my goal was accomplished, and I felt great about myself. If you really wanted to do something, you would. Period. End of story.
    But it is faaarrrr easier, and seemingly better, to go onto a website to seek sympathy, and then turn your nose at the first attempt of encouragement. It would be one thing if you took the advice offered to you with a positive heart, but it is entirely different when you start acting like someone owes you a good time.
    No, No. . . I totally and completely understand your reasoning. . . .
    you can continue playing the violin now. . . .

i guess i just mentioned up there that i was hoping to hear from someone that went through this and get advice on how they got their way. You just mentioned how you went through this and overcame the obstacles ,and then started acting like the tough guy I'm sorry if this bothers you ... no one obliged you to reply. Incase you didnt read well i'll repeat, i SEARCHED, TRIED, and FAILED so far! i gave this speech because i'm DOING but it's not WORKING i think you didn;t get that part? i'm not the type to be dramatic but this is becoming a cycle and was wondering if someone went through the same thing so quit acting like the all knowing genius. Your reply is the last thing i needed ... at first i thought it's interesting but i guess not.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Where are you from? Are there language/cultural barriers? Maybe you could seek out a group of people from your home town/country/etc.

hm i like your approach how you got that it has to do with obstacles :) No it's just that the financial crisis affected my family and everything changed so when i compare this phase to what it used to be i find a huge difference you know? but again i am better than some and some are better than me so thank god for what i have right now. Point is my obstacles are limited money sometimes i wouldn't go some places to ask about jobs or whatever because i can't spend that much on transportation. Fun is limited although i would need to go out everyday since it's not like i go anywhere these days.

thanks again!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options

" instead of just b*tchin about how bad you think your life is." doesnt sound so so nice to me and i meant it casually she would have things to do i bet! because i had that attitude of hers when i used to have a life lol

Grow up. You know what pisses me off more than pretty much anything? People that constantly search for pity because they think they have it so bad. You hate your family? Well, you said you are over 18, go find somewhere else to stay. You want to lose weight? Quit eating "like a pig," and make better choices. This is YOUR life, and you are the only one that can do anything about the way it goes. Don't go on pretending that that first post is what it really said, because I read it before the edit, and that is why you got the response you did, which, just for the record, is much nicer after my own edit. Because yeah, the original topic posting of your was nothing but you complaining about how bad you seem to think you have it, and nothing at all seeking advice. So no, my reply wasn't so so nice. Welcome to the internet, and get over yourself.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options

Grow up. You know what pisses me off more than pretty much anything? People that constantly search for pity because they think they have it so bad. You hate your family? Well, you said you are over 18, go find somewhere else to stay. You want to lose weight? Quit eating "like a pig," and make better choices. This is YOUR life, and you are the only one that can do anything about the way it goes. Don't go on pretending that that first post is what it really said, because I read it before the edit, and that is why you got the response you did, which, just for the record, is much nicer after my own edit. Because yeah, the original topic posting of your was nothing but you complaining about how bad you seem to think you have it, and nothing at all seeking advice. So no, my reply wasn't so so nice. Welcome to the internet, and get over yourself.

When i edited i just mentioned i'm not enrolled at the UNIVERSITY rather than SCHOOL so you got it wrong and i know after reading it it sounded weird so all i did was emphasized rather than edited then i edited again because apparently not everyone got what i meant it sounded different in my mind.. THIS HAPPENS with everyone.. You see you don't get it when i turn 18 i cant move out in my family. i want to lose weight but i overate these days i had days where i was awesome ,these are phases.
    you are right about the part where I can CHANGE eveyrrthing but my point in THIS POST is that i searched for things and failed and now i'm bored and how boredom affected my goals. ITS NATURAL I'M A HUMAN BEING i can't control myself sometimes.... i bet you can't sometimes either, so dont come judging me about how i want pity when i'm not exactly asking for IT just asking for some advice ....pity in my eyes is a tone. if your without that tone then i'd take the advice anyway ... at least people that pity me are not JUDGING and criticizing me ... and about the edit fyi ... if you didnt like what you read just dont reply... because you didnt help anyway. Thanks for asking about the walks part but i did that already.
    p.s: I don;t hate hate hate my family i just dont like them in this part of this dday
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    you remind me of someone i once knew.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    you remind me of someone i once knew.

hmm... do you know what happened to that someone?!!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Yes, i stopped talking to them.