Chili

Options
Anyone know of any healthy, quick, and easy recipes for Chili?? If so, please share! Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
    ^turkey taco chili :)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Beef and Bean Chili
    (Weight Watchers Recipe)

2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 pound(s) lean ground sirloin
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 medium onion(s), diced
    2 stalk(s) (medium) celery, diced
    2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
    1 small jalapeٌo pepper(s), seeded and minced**
    2 Tbsp chili powder
    2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp dried oregano
    2 leaf/leaves bay leaf
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste
    28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
    1 cup(s) canned beef broth, reduced-sodium
    8 oz canned tomato sauce
    30 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup(s) shallot(s), chopped

Coat a large stockpot with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Remove beef from pot; set aside.

Add oil to pot; set over medium-high heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add onion, celery, garlic and jalapeño; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.

Add reserved beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, salt and red pepper flakes; stir to coat vegetables and beef with spices. Add tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.

To serve, discard bay leaves, ladle chili into bowls and top with chopped shallots. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! I would like to know as well! :wink:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe

2 cups red kidney beans
    2 cups black beans
    1 can tomatos
    1 onion
    1 cup celery
    1.5 cups mushrooms
    green pepper
    1.5 cups frozen kernel corn
    2 tbsp chili powder
    2 tsp cumin

dry fry onion celery and mushroom. Use a little broth if you aren't adding mushrooms. Add rest of ingredients. Cook on Medium heat until cooked.

serves 6. It's about 255 calories per serving
  • ndaney
    ndaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is one my husband got out of a men's health mag and we have used this recipe forever!

1lb ground turkey
    1 onion
    2 cans of black beans
    2 cans of low sodium stewed tomatoes
    1 can of corn
    1 package of chili seasoning

Brown the turkey and onion together. Add to a big pot. Rinse the beans. Add. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer. I usually put my in the crock pot over night.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any healthy, quick, and easy recipes for Chili?? If so, please share! Thanks! :smile:

chili is so easy to make, just put healthy ingrdients in it, leave out things you would rather not eat. add some seasoning (cinnamon enchances greatly) simmer.

basicly all you need some kind a meat
    tomatos , spices
  • feagindm
    feagindm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Made this last week and it was fantastic!

2 1bs of lean ground turkey, browned and drained
    1/2 chopped onion (I cook this with the turkey)
    2 cans of chili beans
    2 cans of Rotelle tomatoes (mild with green chilis)
    2 cans of tomato soup (do not dilute with water)
    2 packets of McCormick Chili powder mix
    Salt to taste

Put all the ingredients into a crock pot and let cook for 10 hours. This really was easy and delicious!
  • Haz89
    Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can use canned beans , but try not to, making it as healthy as possible is best. Soak beans over night. I read this recipe somewhere but I have modified it.
    Ingredients:
    1 cup black eye beans
    1.5 cup red beans
    1.5 garbanzo beans
    6 Medium size tomatoes
    3 table spoon tomato paste
    cilantro for garnishing
    1.5 Onion
    6 gloves of garlic
    2 cups chopped celery
    1 small lime * tip microwave lime for 30 seconds, let it sit a bit and the juice will flow right out when you use it.
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 table spoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon salt (add to taste)
    1 medium size carrot , chopped however you like.

In a blender/food processor blend six large tomatoes, the juice of one lime,6 gloves of garlic, 1 cup of chopped celery, a medium onion and tomato paste. (Add hot sauce or chili pepper if you prefer it spicy) In another pot add olive oil and let heat up for a minute and half or until its hot, put in onion and celery, let it cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes and then add your beans, stir and proceed to add your tomato mix from blender/food processor. Stir it all together, and add 2 cups of water, add carrot.If you notice the water is less than the beans add more water. Cook on medium heat for an hour to 1 1/2 hours. Cooking time depends on how well the beans have boiled. If you use canned beans the cooking time will be less. You can also add some the seasoning you have in your pantry, like basil, Italian seasoning and also some parsley. these add wonderful flavors to the chili. Hope I was able to help. Enjoy!