WOW I think I've made a break thru...

Options
This is day 16 for me and starting out I was a little bummed because I felt that I wasn't seeing exactly the results I wanted to. It's been especially hard because everyday is a struggle for me to stay within my calories. I do it, but it's rough. I've been going to bed hungry and waking up hungry and spending most the day...hungry. And I've been looking at exercise as something I have to do to earn more calories so I can eat more that day and not be starving. Well, my body must be getting used to it although the scales isn't dropping the pounds (as quickly as I'd like), because today I ate to satisfaction, worked out the normal amount that I have been every day since I started and I still have 163 Calories left that I'm not sure how to use. I'm not starving and since I feel that I've worked so hard to reach this point I don't want to waste them. I want to make using them my reward for busting my butt, now if I only had some CHOCOLATE in the house!!!:happy:

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    This is day 16 for me and starting out I was a little bummed because I felt that I wasn't seeing exactly the results I wanted to. It's been especially hard because everyday is a struggle for me to stay within my calories. I do it, but it's rough. I've been going to bed hungry and waking up hungry and spending most the day...hungry. And I've been looking at exercise as something I have to do to earn more calories so I can eat more that day and not be starving. Well, my body must be getting used to it although the scales isn't dropping the pounds (as quickly as I'd like), because today I ate to satisfaction, worked out the normal amount that I have been every day since I started and I still have 163 Calories left that I'm not sure how to use. I'm not starving and since I feel that I've worked so hard to reach this point I don't want to waste them. I want to make using them my reward for busting my butt, now if I only had some CHOCOLATE in the house!!!:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for you, your finally getting it. It takes some time for our bodies to get used to the new routine. If it is like mine, it was used to way too many calories in a day. I find that 1200-1500 is enough food as long as I have enough protein. I eat 80-100 grams a day and am never truly hungry. I also eat 6 small meals.

Anyway, so glad you had a breakthru! have a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • dewassel
    Options
    Great job!!! No one ever said it would be easy:tongue:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Good for you, your finally getting it. It takes some time for our bodies to get used to the new routine. If it is like mine, it was used to way too many calories in a day. I find that 1200-1500 is enough food as long as I have enough protein. I eat 80-100 grams a day and am never truly hungry. I also eat 6 small meals.

I think you're so right about the protein. According to my food chart I went over my protein by 23g. But I really think that was part of it, it helps me feel full. Right before my workout this morning I had a protein shake. Then half the amount of breakfast as normal. So even though I had two breakfasts the it was for the calorie price of one and I felt satisfied longer.

It really shows that everyone is different and you have to listen to your body and do what works.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great, keep up the great work.
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done! This sure gives me hope as i've been at this for about two and a half weeks now, the pounds ain't dropping off. I do feel a lot better though and I have lost some inches, especially around the waist that even my colleagues have commented on..so I keep going and hoping that one day my scale will tell me I am finally losing weight!! :smile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water darlin? I know I hated water when I started but I really think it had a lot to do with me not being hungry in between meals. I also eat several times a day, spread my calories out so I have a snack of cheerios and milk(skim is what I am used to)or soy milk(vanilla). I also will have light butter popcorn. A good friend on here told me if I was hungry to eat. No matter the time of day. But, I do drink the water first just to make sure I actually need food. And then I have something healthy, not chips or sweets etc. A piece of wholegrain toast with spray "I can't believe it's Butter" is good. Also, I do the same if I am needing some extra calories. I will go and walk a little more to earn more. But, I also go over my cals once in awhile and it doesn't hurt me. Listen to your body. I for one don't believe we need to go hungry, ever. Not if we are eating the right things and the right portions.

denise in Sams Valley OR
    PS It took several weeks for me to lose that first pound but in the meantime, I knew I was learning to eat right:wink:

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

What do you eat to get that much protein in?? I am usually over everything except for protein. And I changed my settings to eat more protein (if I recall 30%). Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!